Zebra wears Air Force blue
- Air Force Coach Under Fire For Comments on Minority Players. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;11/17/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p11
The article focuses on the challenges being faced by Colorado Springs, Colorado-based Air Force Academy head football coach Fisher DeBerry following the comments he made during an interview that the team's lack of minority players contributed to its loss. Lieutenant General John F. Regni,...
- PUTTING HIS CAREER IN FLIGHT. MAHR, CHRIS // Sports Illustrated;8/12/2011 Big 12 Preview, p76
The article discusses wide receiver Alex Torres of the Texas Tech University Red Raiders college football team. He had a scholarship to the U.S. Air Force Academy but decided to attend Texas Tech after breaking his hand during basic training. Injuries to his back, shoulder, and knees limited his...
- $8 million man. Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;11/27/95, Vol. 83 Issue 23, p162
Makes observations concerning the Notre Dame game against Air Force in 1995. Comments from Notre Dame quarterback Thomas Krug who played a near mistake-free game. Air Force defeating 44-14; Notre Dame's agressive defense and impressive ground attack.
- Remarks on Presenting the Commander in Chief's Trophy to the United States Air Force Academy Falcons. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/20/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p837
Presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush during the presentation of the Commander in Chief's Trophy to the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcons football team on May 17, 2002. Expression of gratitude to head football coach Fisher DeBerry; Way to protect the lives of innocent people.
- A SEASON TO REMEMBER. Barela, Tim // Airman;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p26
Features the Air Force Academy Falcons football team in the U.S. Coach of the team; Number of victories of the team; Motto of the team; Reputation of the team.
- WILD DREAM COME TRUE. Maule, Tex // Sports Illustrated;12/08/1958, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on the 20-14 victory of the Air Force Academy Falcons football team over the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado on December 6, 1958, which enabled it to participate in the Cotton Bowl. The optimism of the Falcons is credited for their win over the Colorado team,...
- ARMED FORCES. Gilstrap, Jim // Sporting News;12/21/2009, Vol. 233 Issue 28, p51
The article provides highlights on the college football game between the University of Houston Cougars team and the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcons team which was held last December 31, 2009 at the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas. It notes that Falcons' nose tackle player Ben Garland draws...
- Toe-to-toe in Texas. Carlucci, Tom // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p18
Details the results of the 26th annual United States Air Force boxing championships at Kelly Air Force Base, Texas, in October 1999. Highlights of the matches; List of winners.
- Ambassadors in Blue. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on U.S. Air Force personnel participating in the World Class Athlete Program and aspiring to become Olympic team members. Misperceptions about participants in the program; Challenges of program participants in balancing training and keeping current with their respective career fields.