Afghans get 'kick' out of new shoes
- City may be in line for job funds. Burton, Terri; Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/31/95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
Reports that New Orleans, Louisiana, may become one of the cities to receive youth employment fundings from the Annie E. Casey Foundation of the United Parcel Service of America. Description of the selection process.
- Carnegie Study: Drama Tops For Learning. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;12/04/98, Vol. 39 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on a study on youth organization drama programs in the United States conducted by the Carnegie Foundation For The Advancement of Teaching. Methodology of the study; Effect of theatre to youths; Conclusion of the study.
- If everybody jumped off a skyscraper-- would you? // Money Management;6/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p28
The article presents the author's views on the abseiling of the two Money Management journalists off a 26-floor skyscraper to raise awareness for the Sir David Martin Foundation for youngsters in crisis.
- United Way gives Hispanic groups new funding. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p33
Reports on United Way of Central Indiana's release of funding for programs that serve the Hispanic youth in the state. Breakdown of funding.
- Money flows from thwarted student fundraiser. Salerno, Rob // Xtra (Toronto);6/30/2011, Issue 696, p13
The article reports on the increase in donations to the LGBT Youth Line after various newspaper columnists in Canada encouraged readers to donate.
- Christmas giveaway grows each year. Avila, Alex // Hispanic;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the Christmas Toy Giveaway at the Hollenback Youth Center in East Los Angles, California. Participation in the event by Olympic gold medalist Paul Gonzales; Response in donations following the robbery of toys for distribution in 1996; Other programs held in the center.
- LandAid helps to build links to a better future. // Estates Gazette;2/13/2010, Issue 1006, p45
The article reports on the cheque worth 50,000 pounds presented by LandAid, the property industry charity, to the youth charity Fairbridge at the opening of it's activity and learning centre for young people in north London, England
- Freedom Flyers Hold GALA. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/5/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p12A
The article focuses on the first annual Freedom Flyers Gala held by Freedom Flyers on May 18, 2013 with proceeds to help fund its Summer Youth Program.
- United Way wants to train area youth. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/29/97, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p46A
Focuses on the United Way of Central Indiana's Youth Leadership Initiative, a program aimed to train the youth to serve as planners and decision-makers. Application for the program; Contact information.