Achieve Best Practice With an Evidence-Based Approach
- Reviews. LeMone & Burkeâ€™s Adult Nursing -- Acute and Ongoing Care. Benbow, Judith // Nursing Standard;1/7/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p32
No abstract available.
- CRITICAL-CARE NURSING. Voorman, Dorothy // RN;Sep76, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p21
Presents forecasts for the nursing profession as of September 1976. Developments in the profession; Reasons for the increase in number of nurses involved in critical care; Expected changes in the setting of critical care; Responsibilities of a critical care nurse.
- Standards of Care. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;3/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 5, pS252
Bone Marrow Transplantation (2001) 29, Suppl. 2, S252â€“S253. DOI: 10.1038/sj/bmt/1703495
- Developing your practice. // Nursing Management - UK;Jun2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p36
Provides information on the study and practice of critical nursing in Great Britain. Curriculum developed for nursing practice; Sample medical cases in critical medicine; Anti-discriminatory campaign among health and social care practitioners.
- I WAS AMAZED BY THE SKILL AND PROFESSIONALISM OF PARAMEDICS. Stapleton, Vanessa // Nursing Standard;10/14/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as a nursing student on an ambulance service.
- Medical manoeuvres. Warren, Rebecca // Nursing Standard;11/6/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p26
Rebecca Warren finds that her military nursing skills complement her civilian role as a ward sister.
- Are you cut out for terminal care? Amenta, Madalon // RN;Jul81, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p47
Presents questions for nurses on assessing in advance how well a nurse will fare in terminal-care cases. Tolerance for uncertainty; Aspects a nurse is comfortable with when giving nursing care; Need to assess on how a nurse feel about working on committees and teams.
- Advanced Practice Nursing of Adults in Acute Care. Aust, Mary Pat // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p76
The article reviews the book "Advanced Practice Nursing of Adults in Acute Care," by J. Foster and S. Prevost.
- The acute oncology clinical nurse specialist. Varey, Michael // British Journal of Nursing;2015 Oncology Supplement, Vol. 24, pS14
In this article the author reflects on his career as an acute oncology clinical nurse specialist in Great Britain and on the career development which led him to become an acute oncology clinical nurse specialist. A discussion of the role that an oncology clinical nurse specialist plays in a...