Anaphylactoid Syndrome of Pregnancy A Devastating Complication Requiring Intensive Care
- When the water's bursting... Pathare, Reshma O. // Mother & Baby;May2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p69
The article focuses on the importance of water bursting process in pregnancy and also includes accounts of water breaking instances in pregnant women.
- The household economy: a determinant of maternal death among indigenous women in Chiapas, Mexico. Herrera Torres, María Del Carmen; Cruz Burguete, Jorge Luis; Robledo Hernández, Gabriela Patricia; Gómez, Guillermo Montoya // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p69
Objective. To assess the determining role of financial situation and gender relations on maternal mortality among Indigenous women in Chiapas, Mexico. Methods. A quantitative/qualitative study was performed by means of a survey of 158 families, as well as in-depth interviews of persons linked to...
- what's that drip? Reece, Tamekia // Fit Pregnancy;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p40
The article describes some vaginal discharges that occur in almost all pregnancies. Pregnant women may always feel wet due to urine leaking which occurs due to pressure of the growing uterus on the bladder. If a pregnant woman experience amniotic fluid leakages, she should consult a doctor...
- Relationship between Amniotic Fluid Index and Perinatal Outcome. Pradhan, S.; Adhikari, A.; Pradhan, P.; Sunil, Pradhan // Nepal Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology;Jan-Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p48
Aims:This study was done to evaluate the predictive value of low amniotic fluid index (AFI) of < 5 cm for adverse perinatal outcome in term of caesarean section for fetal distress, birth weight, meconium stained liquor and APGAR scores. Methods:This was a prospective study of 200 antenatal women...
- Polyhydramnios. Lembet, Arda; Berkowitz, Richard L. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p67
Presents information on polyhydramnios, an excessive amount of amniotic fluid during pregnancy. Ultrasound methods of diagnosis; Etiology of polyhydramnios; Treatment.
- Stairway to Death. BANERJEE, SOUMIK; JOHN, PRIYA; SINGH, SANJEEV // Economic & Political Weekly;8/3/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p123
This article explores the non-medical causes of maternal deaths to understand if these deaths could have been prevented with timely care. It is based on a study of maternal deaths in two blocks of Godda district of Jharkhand over a period of one year. These deaths were concentrated among young...
- A district-based audit of the causes and circumstances of maternal deaths in South Kalimantan, Indonesia. Supratikto, Gunawan; Wirth, Meg E.; Achadi, Endang; Cohen, Surekha; Ronsmans, Carine // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p228
A district-based audit of maternal and perinatal mortality began during 1994 in three provinces of South Kalimantan, Indonesia. Both medical and non-medical factors were documented and an effort was made to progress from merely assessing substandard care to recommending improvements in access to...
- MATERNAL MORTALITY--A WAY TO REDUCE DEATHS. // Women's International Network News;Spring2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p55
Discusses ways to prevent maternal deaths in several countries. Causes of maternal death; Ratio of maternal mortality in Asia-Pacific countries; Responsibility of governments in preventing maternal deaths.
- An obstinate patient. Kothari, Shyam // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/19/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7454, p1473
Presents a firsthand account of the death of a pregnant woman with Eisenmenger's syndrome. Refusal of the woman to terminate the pregnancy; Desire of the woman for motherhood; Birth of her baby.