- At sixes and sevens over opening hours. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p8
Focuses on various notions of executives in the furniture business in the European Union, regarding doing business on Sundays. Remarks of Vas Klostrakis, Owner of England-based Antics, on opening on Sundays; Comments of Don Aggis, owner of MG Furnishings in Wareham, concerning the topic; Views...
- ADDING WOOD TO THE FIRE. Hudson, Tom // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2014, Issue 5875, p18
The article presents explanations of Frank Hudson, operations director of furniture manufacturer Frank Hudson Ltd., on the implication of the European Union Trading Regulation for the furniture industry. The possibility that furniture could be made up of several different types of raw materials...
- UK furniture makers miss out on EU cash. // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p3
The article reports that officials at the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) will question the minister for Europe regarding the allocated European Union Structural Fund (EUSF) for the industry.
- Executive Sweet. Levin, Helene // Saturday Evening Post;Dec1981, Vol. 253 Issue 9, p82
Presents a humorous story about an executive.
- Quality and Technology in the Furniture Industry Before EU Accession. Prokopova, Helena // Czech Business & Trade;2004, Issue 1/2, p32
Focuses on technology in the furniture industry of Czech Republic before its accession to the European Union. Price range of furniture; Furniture production.
- Department stores move to centre stage. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p7
Discusses the profit index of various furniture companies in the European Union as of September 1, 2003. Effects of the weather on Beale's profits; Points gained by Courts; Factors feared by analysts concerning the performance of the industry in the coming months.
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p12
Presents survey findings concerning sales of various products for the furniture industry in the European Union as September 5, 2003. Percentage of retailers saw decrease in price of living cabinets; Observation of retailers on the sales of bedroom cabinets; Comparison on the percentage of...
- UK urged to take advantage of larger EU's opportunities. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2004, Issue 5387, p6
Reports that furniture companies has been urged to take advantage of the European Union's expansion by investing in its ten new members. New members of the European Union; Benefits of the expansion for furniture companies; Significance of the enlargement for the furniture industry.
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2012, Issue 5813, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue regarding the impact of the European Union Timber Regulations on the furniture industry.