Getting under the skin
- Motion vendors stay aggressive with intros. // Furniture/Today;10/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p132
The article reports on motion upholstery resources, which are aggressively seeking additional business with several new products.
- Leather catering to mid-priced, high end tastes. // Furniture/Today;10/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p132
The article discusses how leather upholstery resources are entering the market with new products that target upper-middle to upper-end price points.
- It's a wrap. // Architectural Record;Aug2003, Vol. 191 Issue 8, p199
Inspired by textures of protective materials such as bubble wrap, corrugated cardboard, and ace bandages, in-a-bind is a new collection of textiles designed by Laura Guido-Clark in collaboration with Metropolitan Furniture Corporation for Designtex Inc. The collection includes five upholstery...
- Opportunities in a tough market. Bray, Paul // AV Magazine;Sep/Oct2012, p33
The article focuses on the market for loudspeakers in Europe. It suggests that while 2012 will generally be tough for the loudspeaker sector, constantly developing products can open up new opportunities. It highlights customers' preference for quality sound and durable system and discusses the...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p9
Features various commercial products for the furniture industry in the European Union as of September 5, 2003. Physical description of Eastern Treasure's table; Combining layers of Invitro Design's table; Design of Nono's Living range.
- Moving up the Quality Ladder? EU-China Dynamics in Clothing. Vandenbussche, Hylke; Comite, Francesco Di; Rovegno, Laura; Viegelahn, Christian // Journal of Economic Integration;Jun2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p303
We apply a simple method to study the relative quality of Chinese versus European products exported in the clothing sector after the end of the Multi-Fiber Arrangement. Based on the model of Foster et al., (2008), we interpret the change in relative export prices and quantities sold in narrowly...
- Main results in the field of introduction of competitive product developing methodologies in Romanian industry. Csaba, Gyenge; Dorina, Hodis; Ancuta, Costea // AIP Conference Proceedings;11/23/2009, Vol. 1181 Issue 1, p180
In this paper the authors firstly will present the particularities of Romanian manufacturing Industry after introduction in EU. In the followings we will present our results in domain of competitive product development, with some concrete practical case studies.
- Seven Ways to Preserve the Miracle of Antibiotics. Bartlett, John G.; Gilbert, David N.; Spellberg, Brad // Clinical Infectious Diseases;May2013, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p1445
This review presents a bundle of methods to address the antibiotic resistance issue with 3 emphasis areas: to identify priorities, reduce antibiotic consumption, and stimulate new product development. Nearly all recommendations have a scientific foundation, precedent, and demonstrated...
- Simplified laws add up to more confusion. Cheney, Clare // Food Manufacture;Dec2008, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p19
The author reflects on the policies and laws proposed by the European Union in order to simplify legislations. She muses on the lifting of the fruit and vegetables standards and categorizing food products, that would result to the removal of incentive for product development, provoke existing...