Designed for business
- Investor group buys high-end Italmond. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;8/8/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the sale of Italmond Furniture, a maker of high-end upholstery in Los Angeles, California. Offering of an opportunity to drive an established furniture brand into an even more prominent position within high end of the market; Intention to focus on quality designs, fabrics and...
- Integrating technology into in-furniture cabling systems. Ziobron, Betsy // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2005, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on issues related to integrating technology into in-furniture cabling systems. While there is no longer a demand for proprietary in-furniture systems, companies must still route cables to reach every cubicle workstation. Today, most modular furniture manufacturers are...
- Gliders skate toward higher style. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;6/30/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p16
The article highlights various glider, rocker and swivel features in upholstered club chairs from several furniture companies and glider specialists in the U.S. They include Barcalounger Home, Best home Furnishings, Cheers/Man Wah, Franklin Corp., Lane Home Furnishings, La-Z-Boy, Brooks and...
- Beyond the Top 100. // Furniture/Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p26
The article presents information on several companies in the U.S. related to the furniture industry. American Home Showplace is a company based in Dalton, Georgia. The company is a family-owned retailer, founded in 1995, carrying mid priced to high-end lines. Operates an American Home Showplace...
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.
- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.
- At ABC Carpet event, every dog has its designer. // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the launch of a home furniture design event in New York. Focus on creations and designs by 15 designers and architects; Participation of several furniture companies.