What price is right?
- Selling and staying--it isn't easy!!! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Discusses considerations in selling a business enterprise. Capital; Added challenge of staying on in a management role; Consultation with a lawyer and an accountant; Beginning of the year as the best time to sale a business; Researching on the company acquiring the business.
- Preparing a business for sale. Thoma, G. Stephen // Westchester County Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p30
Presents tips for business owners on factors to consider before selling their businesses. Selling to a third party; Sale of the business to employees through an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), which is a tax-qualified retirement plan; Benefits of recapitalization; Selling of the business...
- Preparation key to smooth company sale. Buescher, Steve // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/12/96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Discusses that the key to the successful sale of a closely held business is preparation. Inventory of the assets the business has to offer; Definition of assets; Establishment of an asking price; Importance of other options to facilitate the sale.
- Seller's market. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p45
Gives advice on points to consider when planning to sell a company. Knowledge on market value of business; Strategies to increase value; Understanding of buyer motivation.
- How to sell your company. Spilka, George // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/22/94, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p8
Part I. Focuses on the process of selling one's company in return for a fair compensation. Things to know to be successful in this kind of dealing; Knowledge of self; Knowledge of company; Knowledge of process; Knowledge of adversary.
- How to sell your company: Know the process, know your adversary. Spilka, George // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/5/94, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p8
Discusses the process involved in the sale of a business enterprise. Market valuation of the company; Development of a Memorandum of Information; Rule of confidentiality in the sale of company; Screening of potential and interested buyers; Steps to minimize risks associated with losing...
- Increase your odds of successfully selling your business. Homan, Tensie // Journal of Business (10756124);12/4/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p14
The article presents five tips to bolster odds for a successful business sale which include planning and understanding various tactical complexities of the business sale process, creating a clear vision of further acts and understanding introspection involved in sale process.
- Repo man eyeing the Warsaw Trade Tower. Staniszewska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p4
Reports the selling of Warsaw Trade Tower office building in Poland. Business strategies applied to avoid foreclosure; Consideration of the collateral value of the building and solvency; Preparation of the banks for receivership.
- SUCCESSFULLY SELLING YOUR COMPANY. Spilka, George // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the successful sale of companies. Impact of timing on deal prices; Pointers for letter of intent discussions; Impact of nonfinancial issues.