Special offers will ruin firms warns Kirkham
- EU again modifies list of Yugoslav institutions subject to sanctions. // International Law Update;Jul2000, Vol. 6, p116
Reports that the European Union (EU) has modified its list of institutions registered in Yugoslavia that may be subject to EU sanctions. Affiliated businesses in Yugoslavia.
- Estonian welcome for Interbrand. // Design Week;9/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p4
Reports that businesses and public sector organizations in Estonia are being encouraged to adopt an interbrand designed identity system. Promotion of the application of Estonia with the European Union.
- Question of the Month for Milan Urban Minister of Industry and Trade. Urban, Milan // Czech Business & Trade;2005, Issue 7/8, p4
The Structural Funds of the European Union have been open to Czech enterprises for more than a year. How much money have firms in the CR obtained from those funds so far and what is their position in this respect in comparison with other new EU members, such as Hungary, Poland. or Slovakia?
- Politics and a single currency. Melville-Ross, Tim // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p3
Opinion. Looks at the benefits offered to British businesses in the European single market. Opposition by businessmen to the European Union; How competition policy can adversely affect British businesses; Uncertainty surrounding the United Kingdom's involvement with single currency; Reference...
- Euro's playing field levels currency risks. // Plastics News;11/30/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p18
Opinion. Focuses on the advantages of the European Monetary Union (euro) for North American companies. Reduction of costs by eliminating the need for currency hedging, and facilitation of customers in comparing prices between suppliers; Impact of the euro on businesses that are transacting in...
- 71 per cent of employers believe their business will suffer if the EU Agency Workers Directive is introduced as drafted. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;10/1/2002, p1
Cites findings of a survey conducted by the journal 'Personnel Today' to know the impact of European Union Agency Workers Directive on firms in Great Britain. Details of the directive related to temporary workers; Concerns of employers with regard to the implementation of the directive; Impact...
- Brussels must listen to HR profession in the UK. // Personnel Today;10/1/2002, p2
Reports on concerns of business enterprises in Great Britain regarding the implementation of European Union Agency Workers Directives. Aim of the draft; Impact of the draft on the performance of companies; Steps suggested by employers to manage rising costs.
- Good news, or bad? Blyth, Alex // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p48
Focuses on the impact of the enlargement of the European Union on the business enterprises in Great Britain. Addition of consumers to the single market; Representation of significant business opportunities in the country; Increase in the gross domestic product of the country. INSET: The...
- Will bigger be better? Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on the prospects of British businesses in European Union after entry of several eastern European countries (EU) in the union. Chances for small business enterprises after enlargement of EU; Companies which already taking advantage of business with EU accession countries; Plans of the...