The Last Gasp
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs on the food service industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2002. Installation of the Cbord Odyssey cashless point-of-sale system at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics; Participation of students at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst in a National Nutrition...
- ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE. Massie, Michelle K. // Black Enterprise;Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p52
The article features Andrell Harris, a college student in the U.S. who also owns a vending machine business. A background of Harris' involvement into the business is presented. It is noted that his machines can be found in locations throughout the greater Jackson, Mississippi area. The company's...
- Sugar fix under fire. Whitworth, Mick // Food Manufacture;Oct2004, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p127
Focuses on the office vending machine, a source of instant sugar highs and sodium chloride surges satisfaction. Reports on vending machine; Percentage of people who use vending machine that are willing to pay more for healthy food and drinks; Replaced sandwich-filled machines.
- Shaking Up Vending. Fliegler, Caryn Meyers // University Business;Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the decision of Columbia University in New York to place iPods and other gadgets in vending machines operated by vending operating company Canteen. Students can purchase iPod Shuffle, iTunes gift certificate or burnable compact disk in the vending machine. The offerings...
- Banks Go Back to School With Campus Card Partners. Oehlsen, Nadia // Cards & Payments;Oct2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the support of most universities and colleges in the U.S. on the campus identification cards which can be used by students in dining, college bookstore or dorm vending machines. Now, there are already several schools which are partnering with banks to make available the...
- Students' perspectives on promoting healthful food choices from campus vending machines: a qualitative interview study. Ali, Habiba I.; Jarrar, Amjad H.; Abo-El-Enen, Mostafa; Mariam Al Shamsi; Huda Al Ashqar // BMC Public Health;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Increasing the healthfulness of campus food environments is an important step in promoting healthful food choices among college students. This study explored university students' suggestions on promoting healthful food choices from campus vending machines. It also examined factors...
- Bringing new meaning to the 'moveable feast'. // Vending International;Nov2005, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p20
This article reports that packaging specialist BCP Fluted Packaging has developed a unique branded vending solution for the innovative Feast Point concept. Feast Point, an innovation in healthy, high quality, hand prepared meal delivery, is a unique concept that provides an alternative to...
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.