Turf war: medical men take on the establishment in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Holding the Medical Staff Accountable for Quality Improvement. Peraino, Robert A. // Trustee;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p24
Presents tips for improving the quality of health care delivered by a health care organization. Steps which the board can take to better track quality and satisfy the desire for internal privacy; Questions to be considered by the board to ensure that accountability is conveyed to the medical...
- Staffing dispute in Bristol trust hospital. Fleming, Charlotte // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/25/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6847, p210
Focuses on the dispute regarding the medical staffing levels at the Bristol trust hospital in England. Implications of dispute for low level hospital staffs; Awareness of the board on the problems related to staffing; Emphasis on medical education.
- Succession Plans in Action: Two Case Studies. // Trustee;Sep2005, Vol. 58 Issue 8, Following p14
Presents two case studies which focused on hospital boards' approach to succession planning. Role of senior managers in a succession planning; Benefit of medical staff involvement in succession planning; Disadvantage of excluding senior management and the medical staff from contributing to...
- Days of shame, Montreal, 1934. Wilton, Peter // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/9/2003, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p1329
Focuses on the first medical strike in a Canadian hospital which lasted from June 15-18, 1934. Factor that influenced the decision of the medical staff to stage a strike; Highlights of the strike.
- CA judge sides with state on nurse staffing. // AHA News;5/31/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p6
Reports on a lawsuit filed by the California Healthcare Association (CHA) against the state Department of Health Services regarding nurse staffing ratios in December 2003. Result of the case; Possible appeal of the court's ruling by the CHA.
- Gender differences. // Modern Healthcare;7/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p28
Presents the results of a survey by the Washington-based Association of American Medical Colleges on gender differences in residency programs. Emergency medicine; Family practice; Psychiatry.
- Rural nurses group to merge with GPs. P. G. // New Zealand Doctor;6/1/2005, p17
Reports on the plans of the New Zealand Rural General Practice Network (NZRGPN) and the Rural National Nurses Network (RNNN) to merge into a single organization as of May 2005. Reason for considering a merger according to NZRGPN Chief Executive Adrienne Steele; Possible changes that will be...
- Record Match. // Modern Healthcare;3/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p24
Provides statistics on the number of student applicants to the residency programs of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Total number of medical students placed by the NRMP in the first-year residency program as of March 2004; Total number of medical students in the second-year...
- Calendar highlights men in nursing. // Healthcare Traveler;Jan2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the release of a 2006 Men in Nursing Calendar by the Oklahoma Nurses Association in an attempt to recruit more males into the nursing profession and solve the present staffing crisis. The images in the calendars depict nurses with a variety of cultural backgrounds and...