- `Bare-handed' medicine and its elusive patients: The unstable construction of pregnant women and... Ortiz, Ana Teresa // Feminist Studies;Summer97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p263
Examines the limited access of physicians in the Dominican Republic to abortion practices due to strong opposition from both the Catholic Church and the government. Description of the pride, cynicism, and commitment of young physicians in the country; Paternalistic ethic in the practice of...
- Moving forward, inch by inch. Côte, Michael // National Catholic Reporter;6/8/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p9
The author reflects on the association between the inchworms and the Catholic church. He explained how the inchworm has four prehensile legs up front and four in the back which it uses to move. Much like the inchworm, he pointed out that the fronline kingdom Catholics and the traditionalist...
- Clean the Mud. Goodnight, Julie // Hitch Up!;Spring2013, p7
The article offers step-by-step instructions for removing mud from a horse's legs.
- Out of the Darkness. GROESCHEL, BENEDICT // Priest;Jun2011, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p31
In the article,the author discusses the important lessons that could be learned by the members of the Catholic Church on the life and death of Doctor Bernard Nathanson. He claims that the doctor was once a notorious abortionist who became an advocate against abortion. He cites that Nathanson was...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Laforet, Eugene G.; Flanagan, Katharina P.; Tierney, Brian; Vergara, Allys Dwyer; Riedel, Jaque P.; Carroll, James; Wallace, Phiip V. G. // America;7/18/1964, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p57
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Good Physician," by Walter E. O'Donnell in the June 6, 1964 issue, "So It's Parochialism," by Michael E. Endres in the June 13, 1964 issue and "Convenient Catholicism," also in the June 13, 1964...
- Die Mediziner-Kunstkolumne. von Troschke, Jürgen // Praxis (16618157);12/11/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 25, p1564
No abstract available.
- Catholic Bishops Vote to Revise Rules for Health Care Partnerships. Martin, Nina // Pro Publica;Nov2014, p6
The article reports that the expansion of the Catholic health systems lead to stricter rules focused on reproductive and maternity care in New York. It mentions that the Catholic health initiatives have developed to include the buying practices of physicians. It mentions that the Catholics are...
- Joseph Evans Memorial. // Public Sculpture of Greater Manchester;2004, p194
Information about the sculpture "Joseph Evans Memorial" is presented. It explains that the sculpture was situated near the entrance of the St. Mark's Church in England and featured a red granite pedestal and pillar. It stresses that the sculpture was revealed in 1875 after the death of Dr....
- Melanomas among blacks occurred primarily on lower limbs, hips. // Hem/Onc Today;9/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p52
The article discusses a cross-section research in the U.S. that shows that the lower limb and hip were the most frequent site of malignant melanomas on black patients.