Experience at the Arctic Bay Nursing Station on the coast of Baffin Island Joseph Vipond
- POSTSCRIPT. WHAT YOUR STAFF (REALLY) WANTS FROM YOU. ZAHALUK, DAVID // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p86
The article presents tips on how a medical practice can effectively manage its staff. Clarity on the functions of the staff, recognition, reward and learning are critical elements to effectively manage the staff. Expectations on each staff should be clear and staff members should be made...
- The Value of Docs. Thrall, Terese Hudson // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p32
Discusses the cost-effectiveness of recruiting family physicians. Revenue per doctor in relation to average starting salaries; Cost analysis of selected medical specialties; Revenue of pediatrics annually.
- WANTED: EXECS WHO LISTEN TO DOCS. // Trustee;Mar2008, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that the results of a recent survey entitled "Physicians Perspectives on American Hospitals" from Press Ganey Associates focuses on the top 5 priorities for physicians. There are 21,000 physicians at over 200 hospitals who were asked to rate 36 different performance areas of...
- Doctors Wanted. Mettner, Jeanne // Minnesota Medicine;May2008, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p24
The article reports on the issue concerning the transfer of physicians from clinics to hospitals. It is stated that demand is expected to grow as hospitals have recognized the benefits hospitalists have brought in terms of patient care. The hospitalist movement has developed because few...
- UC-Davis banning free sampes from pharma. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Feb2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p21
The article reports on the decision of Sacramento, California-based University of California-Davis Health System to approve policies aimed at reducing pharmaceutical company's influence on physicians and other health care staff. The system will ban employees from accepting free drug samples,...
- Good Medicine. // Sarasota Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p118
The article tells about the evolution of Sarasota, Florida into a modern medical community. Before Joseph Halton, a physician, built the first medical center in 1921, doctors who served Sarasota performed surgery on back porches or kitchen tables by light of lanterns. However, now Sarasota...
- Query. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/5/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 1, p112
Criticizes medical personnel who are unhappy about their work in a health facility in Canada. Comparison of people who gossip or complain with those who do not; Traits of doctors who enjoy their work.
- Dr Doctor....give me the news. // New Zealand Doctor;7/14/2004, p16
Presents a story about a panel of doctors who were asked to vote for the addition of a wing in their hospital.
- Physicians' views on resource availability and equity in four European health care systems. Hurst, Samia A.; Forde, Reidun; Reiter-Theil, Stella; Slowther, Anne-Marie; Perrier, Arnaud; Pegoraro, Renzo; Danis, Marion // BMC Health Services Research;2007, Vol. 7, p137
Background: In response to limited resources, health care systems have adopted diverse costcontainment strategies and give priority to differing types of interventions. The perception of physicians, who witness the effects of these strategies, may provide useful insights regarding the impact of...