- Baghdad out of Order. Rosen, Nir // Progressive;Sep2003, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p27
Describes the condition of Baghdad in Iraq after the war in 2003. Impact of the military equipment and supplies left behind by U.S. and Iraqi soldiers on the Iraqis; Information on the casualties of the war; Status of hospitals and clinics in Baghdad.
- Patriotic Threats. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;May2003, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on events related to the U.S.-led war on Iraqi in 2003. Threats to anti-war protesters in Spring Valley, Minnesota; Casualties in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Troops Killed In Iraq. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p3
A chart that shows the number of troops killed in Iraq as of April 9, 2008 is presented.
- AFTER THE FALL. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/21/2003, Issue 15, p18
Several photographs depicting former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's broken statue, Kurds' reaction over the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime and a wounded U.S. marine are presented.
- Army Casualties in Iraq. // Army Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p63
A list of U.S. Army casualties in Operation Enduring Iraqi Freedom from December 1-31, 2007 is presented, including Kyle Dayton, Blair W. Emery and Eric J. Hernandez.
- When the sun shines on America. Duodu, Cameron // New African;Jan2007, Issue 458, p64
The article examines whether the US government, under the presidency of George W. Bush, accomplished something by invading Iraq under the guise of weapons of mass destruction. As of Saddam Hussein's capture, the Lancet says that 650,000 Iraqis have died. The US itself has incurred more than...
- What He Knew: Anthony Shadid saw the deeper story in Iraq. Shadid, Anthony; MCDERMOTT, TERRY // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p94
The article profiles the foreign correspondent journalist Anthony Shadid, focusing on his experience reporting on the rise of political Islam in Iraq and the climate before the launch of the 2003 Iraq War. The author comments on the impact of the Iraq War on the society of Iraq after the fall of...
- UPDATE IRAQ. Hasenauer, Heike // Soldiers;Oct2003, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
Reports on various events in Iraq after U.S. President George W. Bush declared an end to combat operations in the country on May 1, 2003. Casualties of the bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, Iraq on August 19, 2003; Death of the two sons of Former Iraqi President Saddam...
- Iraq: 3 Years Later. Sharif, Dara N. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;3/20/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p6
This article discusses the continuous threat posed by ethnic and religious violence to the future of Iraq, three years after U.S.-led forces invaded its capital, Baghdad, as of March 2006. Only weeks before the third anniversary of the start of the Iraq conflict, tensions between Iraq's Sunni...