- Hot-Melt Gluing System. // Machine Design;09/23/99, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p306
Features the JR-1 Hotmelt System, a gluing system developed by Slautterback. Benefits of using the system; Uses of the system.
- Q & A Exchange. Smith, Bob // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p90
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the use of adhesives. Weaknesses of hot melt adhesives which limits their applications; Inconsistencies in the outcomes of thread-locking adhesives.
- How packagers can avoid wasting hot-melt adhesives. Beyer, Dan // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Presents information on hot-melt adhesives, the most efficient means for bonding in the packaging industry. Percentage of hot-melt adhesive wasted by packaging industries; Variables listed that control the amount of adhesive applied to the substrate; Information on what happens when hot-melt...
- More hot melts...they're really getting cool. Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Focuses on the growth of the popularity of hot melt adhesives. Description of hot melt adhesives; Thermosetting time; Pressure sensitivity; Crosslinking system structural bonding.
- Study reports on demand for hot melt adhesives. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Reports on the completion of the study of Kusumgar Nerlfi & Growney entitled `Hot Melt Adhesives, 1997-2002.' Global hot melt design; Characterization of United States hot melt consumption.
- ODORLESS, WATER-DISPERSIBLE Sulfopolyester. Miller, Richard A. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Discusses the use of branched sulfopolyester in the hot melt adhesives industry. Maintenance of bond integrity under a variety of end uses; Provision of water dispersibility without sacrificing the key application or performance profiles that the adhesives industry requires; Eastman Chemical...
- Polyurethane hotmelts viewed as new window of opportunity for edgebanding. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Mar93, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p57
Features ethyl vinyl acetate hotmelt adhesives as an edgebanding glue. Advantages; Bonding in two stages; Potential drawbacks.
- Q&A exchange. Lohman, Roger J. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p94
Responds to an inquiry on the environmental benefits of water-based adhesives. Comparison with hot melt adhesives; Formulation of adhesives; Recyclability of water-based adhesives.
- Hot melt renaissance. Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of hot melt adhesives. Examples of hot melt adhesives; High application temperatures of hot melt adhesives; What the most common hot melts are based on; Characteristics of noncrosslinking hot melts.