- Mexican mfrs. feel heat from Chinese. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Highlights the winter edition of Expo Mueble Internacional furniture show in Guadalajara, Mexico. Move of manufacturers in maintaining competitive positions in the industry; Decline in furniture exports to the U.S.; Investment of manufacturers in solid-wood furniture machinery.
- Retailers write orders in Calgary. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the outcome of the Market Showplace furniture show in Calgary, Alberta. Effect of the Canadian economic condition on the sales of furniture; Softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the U.S.; Participants at the show. INSET: Calgary attendee wins truck.
- Portugal fair stirs business with styles. // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p28
Highlights the 15th edition of the Expert Home show in Porto, Portugal. Number of visitors and exhibitors; Exhibitors' expectations on the resolution of the Iraq crisis; Introduction of innovative designs by Animovel, Agol and other furniture companies.
- Buyers from 8 states shop Minneapolis market. // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p32
Highlights the Minneapolis Winter Home Furnishings Market held on January 31 to February 3, 2003. Attendance of retailers from Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Dakota and Wisconsin; Presentation of the North Central Home Furnishings Representatives Association 2002...
- Thailand fair to spotlight indigenous parawood. // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p44
Focuses on the use of indigenous parawood in the Thailand International Furniture Fair on March 2003 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The lines are blurring, but colorfully. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p71
Comments on the results of the 2001 NeoCon Furniture Show. Trends in textile fabrics; Increase in the number of specialty rug exhibitors.
- FFF in Dongguan attracts 102,700 buyers. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;7/11/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p29
The article reports that the 25th International Famous Furniture Fair Dongguan in China was attended by about 102,700 buyers.
- The future is grey. // Cabinet Maker;05/14/99, Issue 5138, p10
Features products exhibited at the 1999 Milan Salone del Mobile. Offer of ornate cabinets with gold leaf designs for Middle Est buyers; Display of sofas with adjustable arms; Launching of the upholstery with the softer sit for the British market.
- Familiarity offers no excitement at Salon du Meuble. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p3
Focuses on the Salon du Meuble furniture exhibition on January 11-15, 2001 in Paris, France. Failure by exhibitors to show innovation in the designs of cabinetwork; Product features.
- Copenhagen sees the light with blond wood. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/11/2001, Issue 5237, p4
Highlights the Scandinavian Furniture Fair in Denmark. Demand for modern, light finish designs; Products of Hammel and Club 8.