- Federal budgeting: Four forecasts. Holzinger, Albert G. // Nation's Business;Jul96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p8
Presents four forecasts on the United States budget. 1996 Budget Law; 1997 proposal by President Bill Clinton; 1997 proposal by the Senate; 1997 proposal by the House.
- Federal budget estimates, fiscal year 1996. Beall, Peter G.; Northwood, Joyce // Survey of Current Business;Feb95, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p67
Presents United States federal budget estimates for fiscal year 1996. Features of fiscal 1996 budget; Three elements of the proposed tax cut; Economic assumptions underlying the budget; Relation of current-services estimates to the budget.
- 1994 budget forecast: Optimism blooms as economy improves. Keating, Michael // Government Product News;Jan94, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p66
Forecasts the United States' 1994 budget. Increase in state government budgets according to the `Fiscal Survey of States' from the National Governors' Association and National Association of State Budget Officers; Local government spending as cited by `Government Finances' report by the Census...
- Projected record budget surplus may allow Indiana to cut taxes. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p27
Focuses on Indiana officials' projection of a record budget surplus for the state on June 30, 1999. Possibility of tax cuts; Plan to protect the state in the event of an economic downturn.
- How a balanced budget can slash your loan rates and give a boost to the market. Dowd, Ann Reilly // Money;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p24
Highlights how a United States Government balanced budget can lower loan rates and raise the stock market prices. Arguments against a balanced-budget amendment; Changes to occur when the budget is balanced; Capital-gains cuts; The expansion of individual retirement accounts; Per-child tax...
- WHERE ARE THE MONEY OF THE MACEDONIAN PEOPLE? // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;11/25/2014, p1
The article offers the author's view on how the state budget of Macedonia was used.
- Surplus agonistes. Gergen, David // U.S. News & World Report;01/19/98, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p72
Editorial. Discusses what should be done with the surplus budget arriving in the United States budget as of January 1998. Cautions; The suggestion that it is important to invest the budget surplus in the future for the children; Mention of the observation made by theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer...
- N.J. Office Sees $30 Million Shortfall Under Whitman's Proposed Budget. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31110, p5
Forecasts fiscal 2002 budget shortfall in New Jersey. Report released by the New Jersey Office of Legislative Services; Spendings for tax relief and prescription drug plans for seniors.
- Projecting budget surpluses. Walsh, Carl E. // FRBSF Economic Letter;09/10/99, Vol. 99 Issue 27, p1
Discusses the nature of the budget projections, the sources of the revisions and the appropriate interpretation of the projections in the United States. Changes in the outlook of the federal budget; Differences between projections and forecasts; Decline in the budget deficits; Factors causing...