Texas Firm Makes Bid to Purchase Portland, Ore., Utility
- OREGON PLUGS IN. PIRO, JIM // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
The author describes the commitment and initiatives of Portland General Electric (PGE) in the planning and development of the electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure in Oregon. He cites that after PGE unveiled its first redesigned EV charging station, it has entered into a collaborative effort with...
- WWW.paybill. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p8
States that customers of Portland General Electric Company with home computers has the ability to receive and pay the monthly electric bills with the use of the Internet. Information on the CheckFree-E-Bill service; How the service operates.
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/99, Vol. 91 Issue 241, p20
Relates financial and business news for November 1999, including the decision of Enron Corp. to sell Portland General Electric to Sierra Pacific Resources.
- The halls of academe. // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the Concordia College's use of the training facilities of an idle nuclear plant site of Portland General Electric (PGE). Planned use of the plant and its environs as a laboratory; Support provided by PGE; Comments of Grieg Anderson, assistant to PGE's chairman.
- Portland General Electric shuts Trojan plant to save money. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1993, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the closure of Portland General Electric's (PGE) Trojan nuclear plant. Uncertainty from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC); Financial risks; Defeating the November 1992 closure order; Statement from PGE chairman and chief executive officer Ken L. Harrison.
- PGE turns key on T&D project. Cavanaugh, Herbert A. // Electrical World;Sep95, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p74
Highlights the new investment projects of Portland General Electric Co. (PGE). Comments of Carver Project Manager Don Hammond, on the turnkey approach of PGE; Focus on the benefits of turnkey approach of PGE.
- Deutsche,Wells Fargo Team-Up for PGE. // Private Placement Letter;12/15/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p1
The article reports on the move of Deutsche Bank AG and Wells Fargo & Co. to price a first mortgage bond for publicly-traded utility Portland General Electric Co. (PGE) in Oregon. According to the article, the agreement was upsized to $130 million from $50 million, and priced in a five-year...
- RABBLE ROUSER?. Williams, Christina // Oregon Business Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p24
Highlights the debate generated by the criticisms made by Columbia Sportswear chief executive officer Tim Boyle against the local government, during his keynote address at the Portland Business Alliance's annual breakfast meeting in Portland, Oregon. Criticism against the city of Portland's plan...
- PGE's sliding rebate boosts use of energy-efficient chillers. Cavanaugh, Herbert A. // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on Portland General Electric Co.'s (PGE) elimination of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) in reducing energy use through its commercial energy-efficiency program. Overview of the chiller incentive plan; Use of sliding rebate scales.