U.S. Banks Falling Short of AAA Requirements, According to S&P
- Standard & Poor's rate Chinese banks poorer than India. // Siliconindia;Sep2005, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p12
Reports international rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has rated Indian banks above Chinese banks. Measurement of the fundamental strengths of the banks without considering the possibility of potential capital contribution from their parent group; Prospect of a bank to requiring external...
- Japan's problems with impaired assets affect Latin deal. International Securitisation Report, Sally // Asset Securitization Report;3/11/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s lowering of its ratings on seven major banks in Japan. Reasons for the ratings downgrade; Asset quality of the banks; Plans of the banks to improve their reserve coverage.
- Kazakhstan: Credit Squeeze To Weigh On Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p17
The article offers a look at concerns governing the worsening credit condition of Kazakhstan. The banking sector of the country is short of facing a credit crisis amid tighter liquidity conditions on international credit markets. The substantial worsening of credit conditions is worrying...
- Dominican Republic In Trouble. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the economic problems being experienced by the Dominican Republic. Reason behind the decision of Venezuela to halt its shipment of oil in the Dominican Republic; Collapse of Banco Intercontinental; Decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's to cut the credit rating of the country.
- European Banking Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/23/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p1
The article looks at the state of the banking sector in Europe in 2009. A focus is given to Austria which has exposure of U.S.$227 billion to emerging Europe. Due to the risks posed by the declining quality of credit in the region, Austrian politicians were forced to seek financing for its...
- S&P Downgrade Possible for First Horizon. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;8/31/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 168, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded the credit ratings of First Horizon National Corp. According to the article, First Horizon's credit ratings were being set at A-minus for the Memphis banking company and "A" for its First Tennessee Bank subsidiary; also, the...
- WaMu Gets Downgraded. // Mortgage Servicing News;Apr2008, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to downgrade the long-term counterparty credit ratings of Washington Mutual Inc. (WaMu) in New York. It notes that WaMu's counterparty rating was downgraded from BBB+ to BBB and WaMu Bank's credit ratings was downgraded from A-...
- GIB loan signed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/6/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the loan for Gulf International Bank. Lead arrangers that are involved in the loan; Reason behind an increase in the loan; Upgrade of the foreign-currency rating of the bank by Standard & Poor's.
- Lebanon Policy Slippage Starts To Bite. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p17
Reports on the decision of ratings agency Standard & Poor's to lower the outlook on the B-sovereign foreign credit ceiling of Lebanon. Reason behind the decision of the ratings agency; Details on the bond market in the country; Information on the top banks in Lebanon according to consolidated...