Mercantile Taps M&T Execs to Form Capital Markets Group
- 'Tallyphone' expands Fingertip Banking. // Banking;Apr77, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p96
Discusses the implementation of the Tallyphone banking service for the customers of the Mercantile Trust Co. in Saint Louis, Missouri. Benefits of the service for bank clients; Procedure of the Tallyphone service.
- Where leveraging small business is a house specialty. McSwain, Sue T. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr83, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p93
Discusses the activities of the Economic Development and Small Business Group of Mercantile Trust Co. N.A. in Saint Louis, Missouri. Lines of credit given to small businesses; Recognition of the major role played by small business in the American economy and at Mercantile; Economic, political...
- New concepts inspire innovative bank lobby. Bangert, Thomas A. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct85, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p151
Focuses on innovations in the lobby of the Mercantile Trust Co. based in Saint Louis, Missouri. Availability of free-standing teller pods and private cubicles for customer meetings; Emphasis on privacy of customers; Details of the pod concept.
- Auto-mail system at Mercantile pays off. // Banking;Oct78, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p108
Offers information on the installation of the TELELIFT automated mail system from Mosler/Airmatic & Electronic Systems Division at Mercantile Trust Co. based in Saint Louis, Missouri. Features and functions of the system; Details of the mail transactions of the company; Benefits of using the...
- Bank Offers Help for Disabled Colleagues. // Banking;May68, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p103
Reports on the provision of services by Mercantile Trust Co. for all its correspondents in Missouri and Illinois affected by disasters as of May 1968.
- Give the trust department its own computer? Yes! // Banking;Jul74, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the data processing approach used by the trust department of Mercantile-Safe Deposit & Co. Reason for the department's disagreement with regards to the use of a centralized computer; Advantages of the decentralized approach; Applicability of the approach used by Mercantile to other...
- Bank of N.Y. acquires mercantile-safe unit. // American Banker;11/3/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 213, p5
Reports on the acquisition by the Bank of New York of the corporate trust business of Mercantile-Safe Deposit and Trust Co. in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Bank of N.Y. to buy another trust unit. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;8/23/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 162, p6
Reports on Bank of New York's agreement to purchase the corporate trust business of Baltimore, Maryland-based Mercantile-Safe Deposit & Trust Co. Bank of New York's acquisition of other corporate trust businesses; Results of the acquisition; Views of analysts.
- Should the Justice Department Represent the Comptroller? Bratter, Herbert // Banking;Sep65, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on the role of the Comptroller of Currency in the merger of Mercantile Trust Co. and Security Trust Co. Intention of the U.S. Antitrust Division to block the merger; Interest of the United States on the merger case; Possible effect of the Comptroller intervention.