Panel OKs $375 B for Transportation, But Where's the Cash?
- House Committee Acts. // Construction Bulletin;4/16/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the approval of surface transportation reauthorization by the U.S. House of Representatives Transportation & Infrastructure that funds the highway systems. Inclusion of a provision that would allow reconsideration of the bill in a year; Consideration of a lower amount needed for the...
- House Panel Moves to Restore $4.4B in Highway Funds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p5
Reports the approval of the legislation to restore highway construction funds by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Relationship between highway funding levels and gasoline tax revenues; Stipulation of the highway trust fund money; Repel of the Revenue Aligned Authority.
- CAN JOHN MICA BUILD A NEW ROAD? Boyd, John D. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/4/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the efforts of John Mica, Florida Republican Representative and chairman of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee, to come up with a major transportation and infrastructure spending bill. His good relations with his Senate counterpart and the...
- New Water-Resources Bill Slowly Takes Shape. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/26/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 13, p11
The article discusses preliminary works prior to the enactment of a new Water Resources Development Act (WRDA). Long lists of projects were submitted to the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee for a possible inclusion before approval of the bill. The WRDA has been cited as a prime...
- House Committee Passes Six-Year, $325 Billion Highway Bill. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p1
The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Thursday passed a six-year, $325 billion transportation bill after rejecting an amendment by Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif., that would have increased the funding by more than $100 billion.
- Should Congress Pass the National Infrastructure Bank Act? The Urban Institute. // Congressional Digest;Jan2009, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p13
Excerpts are presented from testimony given by Rudolph G. Penner to the U.S. House of Representatives Transportation Committee on the National Infrastructure Bank Act bill.
- House panel unanimously passes transportation bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p4
Reports on the approval of a $218 billion surface transportation bill by the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Use of trust money for highways and mass transit; Provision of $181 billion for highways and $37 billion for mass transit over six years; Plan for each state to...
- House Committee Passes Six-Year, $325 Billion Highway Bill. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;10/22/2015, p27
The article reports that the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee has passed a six-year transportation bill which would increase transportation funding, following its rejection on the amendment of Representative John Garamendi.
- HOUSE UNVEILS $375 BILLION TEA-21 REAUTHORIZATION PLAN. Prokopy, Steven // Concrete Products;Dec2003, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the bill for the reauthorization of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century introduced by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Endorsement received by the funding levels and mechanisms of the bill from the federal construction lobby; Amount proposed...