Liberty Bond Extension Bill Introduced
- If Rep. RangeVs Out, Who's In? Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p1
The article announces that Representative Charles Rangel has resigned as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee in the U.S.
- RANGEL ROARS. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;9/16/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the pre-victory speech of New York Representative Charles Rangel after winning the election.
- Feeling a draft. // Christian Century;1/25/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the proposal of Congressman Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) to reinstate the military draft. Argument of Rangel; Reaction of U.S. military officials; Alternative to the proposed bill.
- First Draft. Glastris, Paul // Washington Monthly;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p11
Comments on the move made by Representative Charles Rangel (D.-N.Y.) to propose a legislation aimed to reinstitute the U.S. military draft. Arguments raised by opponents of the policy; Background information on the nation's draft; Ways on how a 21st-century draft should be created.
- Rangel throws support behind bipartisan tax bill. // New York Amsterdam News;07/31/97, Vol. 88 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on announcements made by representative Charles Rangel in regards to his support for the bipartisan tax bill agreed to by United States President Bill Clinton. Comments made by Rangel; Details on circumstances surrounding Rangel's support for the bill.
- Rangel says GOP tax cut favors rich against poor, middle class. // New York Amsterdam News;06/21/97, Vol. 88 Issue 25, p8
Reports on Congressman Charles Rangel's criticism of Congressional Republicans' changing of proposed tax cuts. Why Rangel opposes the Republican tax bill; Who praised Rangel for defending the president's proposal; Rangel's objections to the Republican bill; Information on Rangel.
- Rangel's strength shines on primary. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;9/16/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 38, p12
The author reflects on the contributions of Congressman Charles B. Rangel for the development of Harlem and New York.
- Rangel celebrates 70th birthday and raises millions to help Dems. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;06/08/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 23, p8
Reports on New York lawmaker Charles Rangel's celebration of his 70th birthday at the Supper Club in New York City. Political leaders who attended the party; Entertainment during the event; Rangel's political career.
- Rangel busy as ever. BOYD, HERB // New York Amsterdam News;5/2/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p5
The article reports that Representative Charles Rangel has recently introduced the Enforce Existing Gun Laws Act and has also filed a lawsuit in federal court to overturn a 2010 House decision to censure him for financial wrongdoing.