Groups Tentatively Agree on New Bond Fee, Audit Fee for GASB
- NAST: Taxable Tax-Credit Bonds Better for Rail Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31236, p36
Reports the preference of National Association of State Treasurers to use tax-credit bonds to finance rail infrastructure projects in the United States. Benefits of the debt instrument to finance capital investments; Features of the tax-credit bond program; Marketability of the bonds to...
- conference calendar. // State News (Council of State Governments);Mar2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p34
Presents a schedule of conferences involving the Council of State Governments (CSG) in the U.S. from March to November 2006. CSG/National Association of State Treasurers Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C.; CSG WEST Executive Committee Meeting in San Francisco, California; CSG/National...
- conference calendar. // State News (Council of State Governments);May2009, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p38
A calendar of events for the states in the U.S. in 2009, including the 2009 Henry Toll Fellows Leadership Conference, the National Association of State Technology Directors (NASTD) Southern Region Summer Seminar, and the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) Issues Conference, is...
- Treasurers affiliate with unclaimed property group. // State Government News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the affiliation of the National Association of State Treasurers with the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) in the United States. Information on NAUPA; Types of unclaimed properties; Services offered by NAUPA.
- Treasurers Lobby Against Floating NAVs, Limits to Tax-Exempts. Glazier, Kyle; JAGODA, NAOMI // Bond Buyer;9/10/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33976, p7
The article informs that leaders of the National Association of State Treasurers are meeting with regulatory officials and members of U.S. Congress to oppose a major money market fund reform proposal and also demanding any changes to the tax-exempt status of municipal bonds in September 2013.
- Treasurers' Group Urges Congress To Extend Current BAB Subsidy Rate. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/25/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33372, p5
The article reports on the campaign of the National Association of State Treasurers for the U.S. Congress to extend the Build America Bond (BAB) program subsidy rate.
- Expert: Private Entities' Access to Tax-Exempts Should Be Controlled. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p50
The article suggests the need to control the access of non-governmental entities in the U.S. to the tax-exempt bond market, as told by American Tax Policy Institute Projects Director Dennis Zimmerman, at the 2015 National Association of State Treasurers legislative conference. Issues addressed...
- Michigan Agency to Decide Tobacco Deal's Date. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Michigan Tobacco Settlement Finance Authority regarding the multimillion-dollar taxable tobacco settlement backed bonds, a deal that will be the market's largest taxable tobacco backed offerings. The deal has a variety of offers meant to attract an...
- Indiana's Clarian Readies $325M Plain Vanilla Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/5/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32292, p1
This article presents information on an announcement regarding the largest health care deal by the Indiana Health and Educational Facility Financing Authority in Indiana. This deal will come into being with the selling of $325 million of revenue bonds by the Health and Educational Facility...