- ISS to proactively thwart attacks. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;10/18/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p8
This article explains Internet Security Systems' (ISS) plans for a network security system that prevents network attacks before threats are publicly identified. ISS will improve upon its Proventia intrusion-prevention line with appliances and host-based software products that depend less on the...
- ISS adds protection based on behavior. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;12/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p10
The article reports on the behavior-based malware-detection engine added by Internet Security Systems Inc. to its gateway intrusion-prevention system called the Proventia Network Integrated Security Appliance. The appliance has been using signature-based anti-virus detection from Sophos to...
- Secure your network. // Management Services;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p27
This article reports that the Internet Security Systems company has entered the security appliance market with the introduction of its Proventia family of network protection appliances, starting with the A series. These are an integral component of the company's enterprise security platform....
- Proventia M50 Integrated Security Appliance. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Nov2005, p57
Reviews the computer network security system device Proventia M50 Integrated Security Appliance from Internet Security Systems.
- ISS RAISES SECURITY PLATFORM. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;05/21/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p26
Reports on Internet Security Systems Inc.'s plan to launch its RealSecure Protection System computer software for Internet security by May 2001. Features of the software; Use Fusion Inc.'s technology in the protection modules; Software capabilities.
- Internet Scanner sees--and tells--all. Surkan, Michael // PC Week;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p91
Reviews Internet Scanner 5.8, software from Internet Security Systems Inc. that probes for network vulnerabilities. Number of security flaws that it tests for; Its ability to find lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP), simple network management protocol (SNMP) and router security...
- Internet Security Systems Proventia G200. Walder, Bob // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar2004, p44
This article evaluates the Proventia G200 intrusion prevention tool from Internet Security Systems (ISS). Proventia G series is a new range of turnkey intrusion prevention appliances from ISS. They are designated to proactively block malicious attacks from entering the network, including...
- Is it ethical for security companies to buy vulnerability information? No. // Network World;9/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p47
This article presents the negative view of Christopher Rouland from Internet Security Systems Inc. (ISS), on whether it is ethical for security companies to buy vulnerability information. ISS strongly opposes the business of purchasing security vulnerabilities. Hackers seek out vulnerabilities...
- Finding Holes in Network Hosts. Garza, Victor R.; Roth, Joseph L. // InfoWorld;9/8/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p24
Reviews two computer network vulnerability assessment software. Internet Scanner 7.0 from Internet Security Systems; Nessus 2.0.6 from Nessus.