- EC pilots cross-border business site. // New Media Age;9/26/2002, p15
Reports on the Web site of the European Commission designed for assisting European citizens and businesses to carry out cross-border activities as of September 26, 2002. European Union member countries involved in the Web site.
- Lifelong Learning The Learning Citizen Initiative. Williams, Peter // e.learning age;Jan2005, p37
Reviews the Web site of The Learning Citizen, an initiative sponsored by the European Commission.
- European Commission to publish a code of practice for websites. Watson, Rory // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/9/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7337, p567
Focuses on the expectation that the European Commission will publish a code of good practice for health websites in June 2002. Effort to clarify the legal aspects of online information and promote best practice; Features of the code of conduct for health websites, including accountability and...
- Learning about life on the farm. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/15/2008, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p583
The article reports on the interactive Web site launched by the European Commission designed to encourage children to learn more about the origins of their food and the importance of farm animal welfare. According to the author, the site is a series of online computer games targeting children...
- Cleaner vehicles. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;May2011, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the Clean Vehicle Portal from the European Commission which aims to help public authorities in terms of giving advice on the most-energy efficient and cleanest vehicles available.
- EU Constitution. // Management Services;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the European Commission has launched a Web site for the public to debate the potential Constitution for Europe.
- Turning a corner. Robinson, Simon // Urethanes Technology International;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the completion of the investigation of European Commission into five European flexible foam companies agreed to set markets and the case of Dow Chemical Co. in Colorado as well as the launch of a website of the magazine for its customers.
- BT resumes tracking trials. // Campaign;10/10/2008, Issue 39, p5
The article reports on the move of BT to restart trails of its controversial web-tracking advertising technology in Great Britain. The government has told the European Commission that it believes the BT Webwise platform is legal. It is noted that privacy campaigners have expressed outrage...
- Acrylamide levels: a cause for concern. Veal, Kath // Food Manufacture;Oct2008, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p21
The article reports on the recommendation on the monitoring of acrylamide levels in food published by the European Commission. The recommendation was updated in 2007 and is a live tool available through the European Commission website, which manufacturers are advised to consult. The intention of...