Project Management at ABRO
- Study on the Synthesis Optimization of Time-Cost-Climate in Project. Daohong Wei; Hougui Zhou // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Vol. 687-691, p4918
For influence factors to engineering progress in project management of fund, resource allocation and climate etc, establish a schedule control model under the minimum cost. Using genetic algorithms for analysis, obtained the earliest start time of each working procedure at minimum costs. This...
- Know when to ditch the process. TEMPLIN, PAUL // Industrial Engineer: IE;Aug2013, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p26
The author focuses on the need in industrial engineering to know when industrial processes should be replaced or ignored. He states organizational imperatives, resource allocation and schedules can result in industrial processes being ignored and mentions that lean processes and fundamental...
- Stochastic Optimization Modeling and Quantitative Project Management. Rao, Uma Sudhakar; Kestur, Srikanth; Pradhan, Chinmay // IEEE Software;May/Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p29
The article describes the implementation of stochastic optimization modeling (SOM) and quantitative project management (QPM) in a development project. The project aimed to develop a resource management application that facilitated centralized data collection with distributed reporting. The...
- Reducing Chaos and Waste. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/25/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p22
This article presents information about a Finnish resource-based scheduling system called DynaProject. Graphisoft, the maker of the object-based design modeler ArchiCAD, is now completing purchase of the new scheduling system. This system uses construction models as a platform for balancing the...
- EXECUTIVE BRIEF. // PM Network;Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p33
The article discusses a series of articles within the issue including project management expectations in service-level agreements and the need for planning and open communication channels in resource allocation.
- Hotel industry efficiency: An advanced linear programming examination. Anderson, Randy I.; Fok, Robert // American Business Review;Jan2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p40
Presents a technique in data envelopment analysis (DEA) in estimating various efficiencies of the hotel industry. Impact of competition on hotel efficiency; Source of allocative inefficiencies; Nature of efficiency measures; Need for resource allocation than resource management.
- Resource Allocation in Project Management. Zilinskas, A. // Interfaces;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p86
The article presents a review of the book "Resource Allocation in Project Management," by Christoph Schwindt.
- Welfare and Efficiency Under Uncertainty. Ishii, Yasunori // Journal of Economics;1988, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p175
This article investigates the proposition of market efficiency in uncertain circumstances using a simple model which incorporates demand uncertainty into a model of noncooperative multifirm Cournot industry. As is well known, traditional economic theory has long taught that any industry...
- From the Editor... Keller, L. Robin // Decision Analysis;Sep2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p121
Our first two articles address resource allocation, across risky projects and across budget allocations over time. First, Philip Bromiley demonstrates numerically that the interaction between cumulative prospect theory parameters rules out the ability to make simple general predictions of...