Euro Growing in Favour amongst UK Business Bosses
- REUTERS week. // Warsaw Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p1
Reports the instability of the zloty against the Euro in Warsaw, Poland.
- MAPPING the economy. Little, Jane // Regional Review;2000 1st Quarter, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Takes a look at the choice of currency arrangements in countries around the world. Proliferation of open capital markets; Europeans' concern about the impact of the weak euro on inflation; Formation of currency unions or blocs.
- Britain and the Euro. Hallett, Andrew Hughes // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p335
Britain's possible entry into the Eurozone has proved highly controversial, both on economic and political grounds. The British government has set up a series of tests to be satisfied before entry. Besides being vaguely defined, these tests are time dependent. This paper attempts to evaluate the...
- Understand what EMU means to your business and avoid currency confusion. Bowring, Joanna // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p6
Discusses the impact of the European Monetary Union (EMU) and the currency, euro, on businesses in Great Britain. Timetable for the EMU; Preparation needed for the business community; Continuity of contracts issues; Rounding issues; Key questions to consider.
- Britain, Beware: The Euro Is Creeping In. TOMLINSON, RICHARD // Fortune International (Europe);10/02/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p42
Examines the pressure on Britain to adopt the currency of the European Union, the euro. Why British companies are going to be locked into the euro, regardless of whether Britain keeps the pound; How most of the larger companies in Europe will be converting their base accounting systems to the...
- Europe shows SA how it's done. Slabber, Engela // Finance Week;05/12/2000, p18
Focuses on the currency problems of South Africa and European Union. Weakness of the euro and the rand; Impact of the Zimbabwean crisis on South Africa; Great Britain's refusal to become part of the euro system; Changes in the European Union's business environment. INSET: SHORT CALLS..
- Executives optimistic about business prospects. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the optimistic attitude of the Fairfield County executives about the prospects for their companies' performances for the next three months based on the survey by Connecticut Business and Industry Association (CBIA). Expected stability; Projected percentage of the improvement.
- Proactive Behavior: Meaning, Impact, Recommendations. Bateman, Thomas; Crant, J. Michael // Business Horizons;May/Jun99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p63
Discusses research on measuring proactive behavior. Characteristics of proactive managers; Challenges for most companies regarding the proactive behavior; When proaction is counterproductive.
- The United Kingdom and the Euro: Will It Ultimately Accede to a Single Currency That Will Launch a Challenge to the Dollar's World Dominance? Lane, Tim // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p62
Discusses whether Great Britain will accede to the euro currency and its potential impact on the United States dollar. History of the Single Currency; Arguments for and against Great Britain's adoption of the euro; Ways in which the euro will become a key component in international trade.