'Digital Depression' identified as new form of stress
- All together now: The IAD is coming. Hotch, Ripley // Communications News;Jan1998, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on integrated access devices (IAD), which combines voice, video, data and transports them to another IAD over a single high-capacity circuit. Benefits and drawbacks of IADs; Potential for organizing a spaghetti of routers and switches; Equipment marketed by Premisys Communications and...
- From WDM to OC-48. // Telephony;02/24/97, Vol. 232 Issue 8, p8
Features several telecommunication-related technology introductions at the OFC '97. Includes Lucent Technologies' Bell Labs scientists' transmission of data over 206 channels on a single fiber; Bosch Telecom's introduction of its four-channel WDM stem; DiCon Fiberoptics' introduction of its...
- An SMDS' `status' report. Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;9/19/94, Vol. 227 Issue 12, p9
Reports on factors key to the success of the operations of switched multimegabit data service (SMDS). Frame relay's continued market success; Emerging synchronous transfer mode (ATM) services; Lack of energetic marketing efforts; SMDS' moves commended by users; SMDS roadblocks; Introduction of...
- A quite spectacular rainbow. // Design Engineering;Jun97, p8
Focuses on the `wavelength division multiplexing(WDM),' a technique from Lucent Technologies that transmit data over multiple wavelengths. Reason why many people believe that WDM is the transmission technology of the future; What makes dispersion an essential part of the operation;...
- A switch in time. Hotch, Ripley // Communications News;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p4
Discusses technological advancements in telecommunications. Terminology used at the Networld+Interop show; Management problems created by distributed networks; Advantages resulting from putting more intelligence in the routing switch; Abilities of the token ring switch; IBM's incorporation of a...
- New gadgets may free you, or just your wallet. Valencia, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;9/11/95, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p17
Provides guidelines for determining which telecommunication products and technological advanced services may offer the best benefits. Long-distance credit cards; Telephone access codes; Automated collect call services; Internet computer network.
- DSL now a business buy: Vendors make LAN plans. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;11/11/96, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the availability of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) from Orkit Communications Ltd., Performance Telecom Corp. and Tut Systems Inc. Target on remote access and local area network markets; Features of each DSL system.
- Personal File. // Accountancy;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1323, p123
This section presents survey results of interest to accountants and accounting firms. According to the latest international study by Proudfoot Consulting, firms in Great Britain are only achieving about 60% of optimum productive capacity. This productivity level is a considerable improvement...
- Turning staff-owned gadgets into work tools. Connolly, P. J. // InfoWorld;01/08/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p53
Focuses on the ways of supporting employee-owned devices. Factors that will affect the support decisions of companies; Security problems that can be encountered by companies.