From the Chairman Harry Downes
- Getting Your CEO Certified. // Association Management;Jan2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p16
This article reports that volunteer leaders have an important role to play in making sure that association chief staff executives regularly participate in training and other staff development activities. After all, the professional enrichment of one's chief staff leader ultimately benefits one's...
- AMA's Office of the President provides stability, direction, training. Weber Jr., Fred I. // Marketing News;10/3/1980, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on the formation of the Office of the President (OOP) as part of the strategic plan of the American Marketing Association (AMA). The OOP provides stability that an executive committee would not. A recommendation from the OOP may be voted down by the AMA Board of Directors....
- ABC offers needed training. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p41
Presents information on the supervisor courses and certificate programs offered by the Associated Builders and Contractors New Hampshire chapter in August 2001. Characteristics of successful managers; Importance of technical and human relation skills of a manager; Attributes of a good leader.
- What DBA training did for me â€¦and me. Lafferty, Mattie; Button, Matthew // Design Week;9/8/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 36, special section p9
Relates a project manager's training experiences with the Design Business Association in Great Britain. Attitude of lecturers; Topics discussed; Benefits.
- Productivity Improvement for Public Sector Managers: A Federal Perspective. Wakham, E.C. // Public Personnel Management;Winter85, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p333
Focuses on the productivity improvement in the public sector organization. Considerations of social, political and administrative realities; Prospect for change; Implications for personnel management.
- IMS Report on Productivity. // Management Services;Apr2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p32
Reports on developments regarding the publication of the report on productivity by the Institute of Management Services Council, as of April 2001.
- A drive for skills. Wells, Simon // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p38
Features the Institute of Car Fleet Management (ICFM), an organization that addresses the problem of formal training among fleet managers. Job responsibilities of a fleet manager; Focus of the management training.
- What's required? // Association Management;Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p128
Presents information on the requirements for the 1997 Certified Association Executive program. Replacement of the Personal Data Profile; Information on the points required to take examination; Contact information.
- Strong TEA can cure what ails management. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 15 Issue 46, pB-3
Talks about the leadership and management training provided by The Employers' Association. Max Miner's role as director of training and development; Efforts to help organizations communicate with their employees; Popularity of the leadership series.