Security in wireless
- Vendors launch initiatives to address e-commerce security. Bruno, Antony // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p22
Reports that several companies in the wireless communication and security industries have launched efforts aimed at designing secure wireless networks. Rising concerns over the need for enhanced security in future wireless electronic commerce; Joint effort of three leading telephone...
- Securing The Mobile E-conomy. Singh, Guy // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p17A
Focuses on security issues in mobile electronic commerce. Reasons for the greater security risk of wireless over wired communication; Background on public key infrastructure; Importance of wireless PKI-based technology in the growth of the wireless communications industry.
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the need for wireless data carriers, vendors and promoters to address security and privacy issues in order for end users to feel comfortable with the use of wireless devices for data transactions. Profitability of wireless electronic commerce; Public perception of wireless data...
- Security worries could trip up wireless e-commerce takeoff. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Discusses measures that the wireless communications industry needs to take in order to make sure that wireless electronic commerce applications are secure. Security of the actual transmission; Trust that the transaction is being made with the intended party; Security concerns as traditionally...
- Security market turns its attention to wireless e-commerce. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Highlights the proceedings at the RSA Security Conference held in San Jose, California, in January 2000. Focus on wireless electronic commerce security concerns; Plan of several international corporate security software firms to concentrate on the wireless industry; Software development plans...
- Building A Secure Wireless World. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p19
Deals with security in wireless e-commerce. Internet security companies entering the wireless business; Details on the announcements made by wireless security companies.
- Wireless security to follow the same path as wired Web. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p16
Focuses on wireless communication systems security for electronic commerce.
- `Hush Money.'. Edwards, John // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p12A
Focuses on the efforts of Certicom, Diversinet and VeriSign to offer security solutions for wireless electronic commerce. Infrastructure of future wireless electronic commerce security; Application of PKI technology; Passport wireless security solutions of Diversinet. INSET: Radicchio to the...
- Industry & Government Tackle Security Issues. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the efforts on the United States government and the wireless industry to strengthen laws concerning the application of wireless application protocol security technologies. Security issues with the use of electronic commerce; March 2000 introduction of the Wireless Eavesdropping...