New approaches needed by government in support for SMEs
- Polls show small business sees brighter future. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/22/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the results of two surveys on the growth of businesses in the state of New York. Decline in small-business optimism in February 2002; Statistics on several business factors; Decrease in national hiring plans; Forecasts for job growth.
- Start me up. Barnes, Celia // Warsaw Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the impediments to the small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in Poland. Opinion of Stoney Point Java cafes owner Matthew Morgan; Number of active SME; Profile of the successful businesses in the local market.
- EDITOR'S COMMENTS. Bagby, D. Ray // American Journal of Small Business;Spring88, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
Introduces a series of articles published in the April 1988 issue of the "American Journal of Small Business."
- Resources available to help fledgling companies. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;05/31/99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p7B
Focuses on the available resources for small businesses in Tucson, Arizona. Advice and counseling being offered by Pima Community College Small Business Development Center; Business hotline; Tucson Office of Economic Development's checklist to determining licensing and permitting issues;...
- PCC offers technological help for small businesses. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;01/11/99, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p7
Reports on developments in the small business sector of Tucson, Arizona, as of January 11, 1999. Includes launching of a series titled `Technology for Small Business' by Pima Community College and the Community Information and Telecommunications Alliance; Introduction of the Due Diligence...
- Biz bits. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/13/98, Vol. 45 Issue 46, p1C
Presents news briefs pertaining to small businesses in Long Island, New York for the week November 13 to 19, 1998. Suffolk County Women's Business Enterprises Coalition's offering of a grant to Rhonda Riccio; Center for Family Business' hosting of tax seminar.
- Lots of littles. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/13/98, Vol. 45 Issue 46, p1C
Shows the number of small business firms in Long Island, New York in 1997.
- Smaller firms continue to grow. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Oct90, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
Reports that many small high-technology firms in New Hampshire are expanding, according to a study conducted by CorpTech, a research firm. Number of enterprises surveyed in the state; Percentage of companies that expanded their workforce in 1989; Proportion of companies that exhibited growth of...
- Research Notes. Reynolds, Ruthie G. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p299
Presents an abstract of the study `The Status of Microenterprise Programs.'
- Recipe for Recovery: Grow Your Own. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;9/8/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p31
Joe Barriero and Leonard Flax literally couldn't wait for the economy to come back to life. Beginning in 1988 with a tiny store in Greenwich Village, New York City the duo had turned their passion for paper into one of the most successful new names in New York retailing, Kate's Paperie, a...