- Acrobat 8: la nueva apuesta tecnolÃ³gica de Adobe para la gestiÃ³n de documentos en la empresa. Codina, Lluís; Monistrol, Ricard // El Profesional de la InformaciÃ³n;mar/abr2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p160
The PDF format, developed by Adobe and since converted to an open, multiplatform standard, gets a new boost from version 8 of Acrobat, produced by the same company. A review is offered of the main characteristics and functionality of this new application that most likely will have a great impact...
- PDF promises speed. Lorenz, Lonn // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p54
Focuses on the digital file format, Portable Document Format (PDF), developed by Adobe. Attributes of the file format; Negative aspects of the Postscript file format; Development of a printing architecture to take advantage of PDF.
- Adobe zero-day. Eiram, Carsten // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar2010, p11
The article offers information on Adobe zero-day, which allows an attacker to control a user's system and run malicious programs and malware when the user opens a malicious PDF document.
- Adobe works to make PDF into a customizable format. Walsh, Jeff // InfoWorld;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 19 Issue 51/52, p32
Details Adobe's strategies to change the way customers think of its Portable Document Format (PDF) software. Launch of an enterprise division to oversee the program used to create PDFs; Leveraging of a document layer above the information technology infrastructure.
- Adobe aims to win PDF converts with new server. Fontana, John // Network World;11/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p19
Introduces the Adobe Acrobat Elements Server from Adobe. Features of the server; capabilities and applications of the server; Conversion of desktop files into a standardized portable document format; Price range.
- In Pre-release: Adobe DPS Converter for Acrobat. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;11/3/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that computer software company Adobe Systems has announced the pre-release of a Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) plug-in converter for Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
- Acrobatic Learning: The Ninth PDF Conference. Joss, Molly // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p3
This article reports on the ninth PDF conference held in Baltimore, Maryland on September 13 and 14, 2004. The conference attracted more than 250 people interested in learning more about the Adobe PDF software. The conference attendees were classified into three categories: people working in...
- Adobe adds 3D viewing to portable data format. // Automotive Engineer;Feb2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p45
The article reports on Adobe Systems Inc.'s launch of Acrobat 3D, the latest version of its Acrobat portable date file (PDF) creation technology. The software enables engineering drawings to be sent in a PDF format, unwrapped by the receiver and then manipulated in three-dimensional as they...
- Adobe Unveils Acrobat 7. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;Jan2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that Adobe Systems Inc. has unveiled an upgraded version of its Acrobat Professional software. With the release of Version 7.0, Adobe expands the functionality of Acrobat beyond the conversion of various document formats to PDF. Acrobat 7.0 Professional also now provides...