Firewalls on Strike
- Maturity brings a new face to IPSec VPN products. Snyder, Joel // Network World;10/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p51
Reports the incorporation of VPN technology into a variety of products at all prices. Merger of boundaries between firewall and VPN devices; Use of IPSec for securing VPN connections; Creation of non-standards mechanism to support secure remote access in large networks.
- Service Edge Switches. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p68
Reports the release of a service edge switches that provide network-based IPsec VPN and Internet firewall services by Quarry Technologies.
- World's Smallest Security Appliance. // Software World;Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p21
This article describes Innominate mGuard from Wick Hill, a portable computer network security appliance that combines a firewall, a virtual private network (VPN), and hardware-supported encryption. It it suitable for protecting mobile or visiting users inside the corporate network, securing...
- Firewalls and IPsec VPNs. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Dec2004, p52
Evaluates several computer firewalls and IPsec virtual private network appliances. Nokia IP380 from Nokia; Check Point Express from Check Point Software Technologies Inc.; Sun iForce VPN/Firewall from Sun Microsystems Inc.
- Research of Cooperation of IPSec and Firewall. Yang Li-shen; Ren Zheng-wei // Proceedings of the International Symposium on Computer Science &;Aug2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p422
IPSec provides security services at the IP layer and ensures the packets transmitted safely in Internet by authenticating and encrypting. As IPSec encapsulates some important information of packets, it can not cooperate efficiently with packets filter firewall, which filters packets according to...
- ADRISYA: A FLOW BASED ANOMALY DETECTION SYSTEM FOR SLOW AND FAST SCAN. Muraleedharan, N.; Parmar, Arun // International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications;Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p234
Attackers perform port scan to find reachability, liveness and running services in a system or network. Current day scanning tools provide different scanning options and capable of evading various security tools like firewall, IDS and IPS. So in order to detect and prevent attacks in the early...
- Network Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems in IP-Level Security Protocols. Kabila, R. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Dec2008, Vol. 48, p676
IPsec has now become a standard information security technology throughout the Internet society. It provides a well-defined architecture that takes into account confidentiality, authentication, integrity, secure key exchange and protection mechanism against replay attack also. For the...
- Encrypt Telnet via IPsec in 10 Steps. Fellinge, Jeff // Windows IT Pro;Nov2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p8
The article details the steps for encrypting Telnet over an IPsec network. To create Telnet traffic over IPsec, the list of objects to consider are IPsec policy, IPsec security rule, IP filter list and filter action. The use of IPsec in conjuction with Telnet improves the computer security of...
- SSL or IPSec? Or both? May, Susan // Communications News;Oct2003, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p16
Examines which of the two primary technology, Internet protocol security (IPSec) and secure sockets layer (SSL), should be used for mobile work force. Key benefits of IPSec; Development of SSL; Factors to consider before choosing the appropriate solution.