SME Clusters within Community-Portal Constellations
- Small-business portals think big. Du Bois, Grant // eWeek;02/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, preceding p1
Focuses on the online portals competing to serve small businesses in the United States. Projections on the growth of online spending of small businesses by 2002; Companies competing in the small-business portal market; Services offered; Partnerships among the portals.
- How to be an advice service, not an agony aunt. // Knowledge Management;Jul/Aug2001, p34
Presents a case study of an online portal that provides small businesses in Great Britain with resources for building and managing business. Launch of Clearlybusiness.com in 2000; Clearlybusiness.com's implementation of Organik, the question-and-answer software solution offered by Orbital software.
- Cobweb launches Exchange portal. // New Media Age;11/6/2003, p10
Focuses on the launch of the myOfficeSystem.co.uk Microsoft Exchange 2003 portal from Cobweb Solutions, that will allow small businesses to test the communication and collaboration elements of Microsoft Office 2003. Introductory price a month per user for a company subscription to Windows...
- FEDS PLAN 'E-GOV' PORTAL FOR BUSINESS SERVICES. Brown, Doug // Interactive Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p45
Reports on the plans of the U.S. federal government to build a portal for small business. Goal of the project; Initial plans for the Web site; State governments involved in the project.
- The Spread of Knowledge Management in SMEs: A Scenario in Evolution. Cerchione, Roberto; Esposito, Emilio; Spadaro, Maria Rosaria // Sustainability (2071-1050);2015, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10210
This paper deals with knowledge management (KM) in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Through a literature review, three research questions have been identified concerning the barriers hindering the spread of KM practices in SMEs, the main knowledge management systems (KMSs) adopted by SMEs...
- PORTAL POWER. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;06/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p38
Discusses the role of chief technical officers in the management of technology resources and knowledge in corporate enterprises in the United States. Tools and approaches to portals considered by the officers in managing the resources; Benefit of integrating content management technology into...
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CAN HELP SMALL BUSINESSES GROW. Satyadas, Anthony // South Carolina Business Journal;May2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the importance of knowledge management among small-to-medium businesses. Role in helping small businesses grow; Return on the investment of a knowledge management program; Impact of knowledge management on business strategy; Technology or features that a knowledge management solution...
- A Timely Lesson From the Sandbox. Daks, Martin C. // Business News New Jersey;11/28/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p14
Discusses the importance of knowledge management for owners of small businesses. Impact of business information on the profitability of firms; Need for business owners to set the cultural tone that encourages information sharing; Factors that improve cross-department communication.
- EDITORIAL. Ahmed, M. Daud // New Zealand Journal of Applied Business Research (NZJABR);2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, piii
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various papers published within the issue, including "Knowledge Management (KM) in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: A New Zealand Focus," "What IT Knowledge and Skills Do Accounting Graduates Need?," and "Managing...