HSC publishes research on safe computer use
- A new clique of mice. Terrell, Kenneth // U.S. News & World Report;03/23/98, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p60
Presents numerous new computer mouse devices. Problems with regular two-button mice; Designs for mice that are more ergonomically correct; Mouse sales; Importance of comfort; Mouse adaptations; Turning the mouse upside-down; Radical killing of mice; Recommendation of the Logitech cordless...
- ergonomics. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p25
Evaluates several ergonomics products. Information about ergonomic footwear solution from Safety Seven Manufacturing; Overview of the Hands Free Mousing System where hands and wrist muscles are totally relaxed while mousing; Information about adjustable height work stations which allows...
- 'CAD and Mouse' Research at Iowa State University Points
Computer Users Toward Fewer Aches and Pains. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/5/2004, p106
There's light at the end of the carpal tunnel, thanks to an innovative new alternative to the computer mouse. Abir Qamhiyah and Don Flugrad, mechanical engineering assistant and associate professor, respectively, at Iowa State University, have invented a gadget that works as a pointer for...
- Tech Traders. // MicroScope;1/15/2007, p9
The article offers information on the ergonomic mouse offered by Hela. A central mouse position removes the need to constantly reach out for the mouse away from the keyboard. Add to that the in-built wrist rest and this is an absolute must for those concerned about being hit with a health and...
- Ergonomic Keyboard Reduces Errors, Fatigue. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/7/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p38
This article features the Premium 1 model of the abKey keyboards from ergonomic computer keyboard manufacturer AbKey. The product offers a flexible V-shaped ergonomic design and alphabetical layout that facilitates improved accuracy and increases typing speed up to 100 percent, said the company....
- :Cue:C.A.T. makes debut. // Hotel & Motel Management;01/15/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the debut of the :Cue:C.A.T. technology from DigitalConvergence.:Com for use swiping bar codes when accessing the archive or product section of the 'Hotel & Motel Management' periodical's Web site.
- Tote Thousands of MP3s. Mainelli, Tom // PC World;Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p72
Evaluates two wireless computer mice. Features and functions; Specifications; Performance. INSET: Usenet File Fetcher.
- Mice That Do Double Duty. Lasky, Michael S. // PC World;Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p74
Evaluates wireless computer mice. Genovation Optical Mouse Keypad; Gyration Ultra Cordless Optical.
- Companies trying to build a better mouse. Goldsborough, Reid // Business Journal (Central New York);01/19/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the effort of companies to build a better mouse. Enhancements in the models launched by Microsoft and Logitech, companies that sell most replacement mice; Features and price of Microsoft's IntelliMouse Optical; Logitech's IFeel Mouse.