TITLE

Distribution Firms Back the euro

PUB. DATE
January 2002
SOURCE
Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
In a survey of more than 1,000 British businesses by global recruiter TMP Worldwide, 60 percent of distribution businesses stated that they favored the introduction of a single European currency. However, this leaves a significant minority of 40 percent of manufacturing businesses against the introduction of the euro. TMP Worldwide carried out the research to understand further the attitudes of British business towards Europe and the single currency. With integration of EU financial and labor markets, knowledge of business perceptions of the EU is an increasingly vital issue for all business consultancies.
ACCESSION #
11510962

 

Related Articles

  • Millions Wasted On Antiquated Integration.  // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p6 

    The results of the research conducted by the global recruitment and human resource consultancy TMP Worldwide, which show that distribution business confidence in Great Britain is on the rise, after a tough opening to 2001 were presented in this article. However, many distribution businesses need...

  • CSFB's Wheat sacked.  // Crain's New York Business;7/16/2001-7/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p46 

    Presents news items concerning business enterprises in New York compiled as of July 22, 2001. TMP Worldwide Inc.'s acquisition of FastWeb Inc., a Skokie, Illinois-based online resource for people seeking scholarships; Amerada Hess Corp.'s plan to purchase Triton Energy Ltd.

  • Local TMP outfit rebrands. Olah, Peter // Budapest Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p3 

    Reports that Hungarian executive search firm TMP Worldwide Kft will change its name to TMP/Hudson Global Resources Kft in April 2003. Global spinoff of the Hudson Highland Group PLC from TMP Worldwide; Operating divisions of the restructured global Hudson Highland Group; Revenues of TMP...

  • SIGNED & SEALED.  // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12 

    Reports developments related to hospital business in the U.S. as of September 2003. Collaboration between AmeriNet Inc. and TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications; Contact between Consorta and PAR Excellence Systems; Deal between North Broward Hospital District and Medgluv.

  • At deadline.  // Crain's New York Business;01/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1 

    Reports on news briefs about business in New York City as of January 10, 2000. Includes TMP Worldwide Inc.'s 15-year lease agreement with Cohen Brothers Realty Corp.; Restaurant Associates Corp.'s selection of industry veteran William Post as president; Launch by Instinet Corp. of an Internet...

  • FAST FACTS.  // Interactive Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p46 

    Presents business-related news briefs as of July 9, 2001. Plan of TMP Worldwide to acquire HotJobs; Result of a survey on the management of e-mail by business users; Value of investor-led financing for 3Pardata.

  • Morgan & Banks changes name to TMP.  // New Zealand Management;Apr2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p12 

    Reports on the decision of Morgan & Banks Group to change its name following its acquisition of TMP Worldwide e-Resourcing in January 1999. Overview of the new name; Information on the company's Monster.com site; Services provided by TMP.

  • Reclutamiento 2.0: las redes profesionales intervienen en el 80 por ciento de los procesos de selección de headhunters.  // Capital Humano;Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 235, p13 

    The article discusses the seminar "Reclutamiento 2.0" (Recruiting 2.0) which was organized by the Asociación Española de Dirección y Desarrollo de Personas in collaboration with XING, Synerquia and TMP Worldwide. It discusses the use of professional profiles on Internet websites in...

  • Viacom snares Monster TV deal. Friedman, Wayne // Advertising Age;4/29/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p1 

    Reports on a cross-platform deal between media company Viacom and TMP Worldwide's online job site, Monster. Details of the deal which encompasses Viacom's broadcast, cable and syndicated television, online and outdoor properties; How Monster sought out the deal; Debate over the value of...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics