Switched mode power
- Power Sources & Conditioning Devices. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov98, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p117
Features various power sources and conditioning devices. Elpac Power Systems' WP11 small wallmount AC adapter; Industrial Computer Source's 7724 series of rack-mounted alarm chassis for computer telephony; James Electronics Inc.'s switching power supplies.
- THREE-PHASE SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLIES. // Elevator World;Jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p132
The article evaluates the SPD Series 3-Phase Switch-Mode Power Supplies from Carlo Gavazzi.
- POWER SOURCES. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p29
The article evaluates several power sources including PowDec VHD300 Series of switching power supplies from PowerGate LLC, HE triple output direct current (DC)/DC converters from Calex Manufacturing Co. Inc., and 1600-watt (W) front-end power supplies from TDK-Lambda Corp.
- Select the Right RF Switch for Your Application. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2007 1st Quarter, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
The article offers instructions on how to chose the proper radiofrequency switch for a particular application.
- World first for Ross Video. // TVB Europe;Mar2010, p43
The article offers information on the features of Vision Octane MLE switcher.
- Biasing the TL431 for Improved Output Impedance. Basso, Christophe // Power Electronics Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p56
The article discusses the well-known voltage reference integrated circuit TL431 used in switch-mode power supply (SMPS) feedback loops. Simplicity of implementation and low cost advantages offered by the combination of the reference voltage and an open-collector error amplifier. Negligence by...
- Buck Regulator Compensates for Output Capacitor ESR. Valentine, Mark // Power Electronics Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p55
The article focuses on the LM3100, the first device in a new component family that extends National Semiconductor Corp. Simple Switcher product line. LM3100 is designed to simplify the design process and reduce the overall cost of switching power supplies. It is a buck regulator with a wide...
- Review of soft—switching technologies for high—frequency switched—mode power conversion. Ching, T. W. // International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education;Jan2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p104
Given the rising demand for increases in the switching frequency and efficiency of switchedâ€“mode power conversion, the introduction of an undergraduate/postgraduate course on Advanced Power Electronics is both timely and important, and new teaching materials must be designed. This paper...
- Averaged Model of a Buck Converter for Efficiency Analysis. Gragger, J. V.; Haumer, A.; Einhorn, M. // Engineering Letters;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p49
In this work a buck converter model for multidomain simulations is proposed and compared with a state-of-the-art buck converter model. In the proposed model no switching events are calculated. By avoiding the computation of the switching events in power electronic models the processing time of...