Voice Recognition is catching up on Star Trek
- Is Your VUI Out of Tune? Rolandi, Walter // Speech Technology Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses testing prompts for functional effectiveness as a fundamental tuning activity to improve speech recognition accuracy. Besides testing prompts, one could also trim prompts of unnecessary content, determine the rate of false positives, adjust timers, alter barge-in settings...
- Out of The Iron Age: Redefining Success. Plakias, Mark // Speech Technology Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Comments on the transformation of voice recognition platform vendor Nuance from a speech company to a platform company. Information on Nuance Voice Platform 1.0; Factors affecting the decision of companies to move from touchstone to speech technology; Value of a speech platform.
- Can the Market Identify with Voice Biometrics? Joe, Ryan // Speech Technology Magazine;May/Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
The author discusses the challenges faced by voice biometrics deployment in different markets. He says that the fundamental problem in deploying voice biometrics is that while enterprise customers see the potential in the technology, they have avoided its large scale use and the hurdle is to...
- Oh, the Places You'll Go. Shaked, Nava // Speech Technology Magazine;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses the importance of speech technology implementation in the industry. It states that the combination of speech biometrics with recognition allows verification of the user while collecting information about the request. It notes that the multimodality approach uses speech...
- $30 module embeds speech recognition. Webb, Warren; Granville, Fran // EDN;8/18/2008, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p26
Evaluates the VR Stamp module, which provides easy integration of voice recognition into consumer, industrial, automotive and medical electronics, from Sensory Inc. Features; Product benefits.
- Formant analysis in dysphonic patients and automatic Arabic digit speech recognition. Muhammad, Ghulam; Mesallam, Tamer A.; Malki, Khalid H.; Farahat, Mohamed; Alsulaiman, Mansour; Bukhari, Manal // BioMedical Engineering OnLine;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p41
Background and objective: There has been a growing interest in objective assessment of speech in dysphonic patients for the classification of the type and severity of voice pathologies using automatic speech recognition (ASR). The aim of this work was to study the accuracy of the conventional...
- Speech Industry to Gain Momentum, GIA Predicts. Savino, Kathleen; Klie, Leonard // Speech Technology Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses contents of the speech technology report "Speech Technology: A Global Strategic Business Report," by Global Industry Analysts (GIA). With speech recognition systems expanding and going beyond traditional corporate use like interactive voice response systems in contact...
- Intl Digital Speech Standard Format for Voice Recording Now Supported in Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/17/2011, Vol. 21, p69
The article reports that Nuance Communications Inc.'s Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software has fully supported the Digital Speech Standard audio format. It notes that the Digital Speech Standard provides dictation and speech solutions which are important for the modern digital...
- Wolf. // Network Dictionary;2007, p532
A definition of the term "wolf" is presented. In the paper "Sheep, Goats, Lambs and Wolves: An Analysis of Individual Differences in Speaker Recognition Performance," wolf is used as a menagerie analogy to explain the differences in speech recognition.