- The Czech Automotive Industry on its Way to the EU. Sipek, Antonin // Czech Business & Trade;2003, Issue 9/10, p18
Reports on the status of the Czech Republic's automotive industry as the country prepares for its accession to the European Union. History of the Czech automobile industry; Restructuring and privatization of the industry since 1989; Development of the supplies industry; Construction of a TPCA...
- Rising in the East. Honeywill, Tristan // Professional Engineering;1/29/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p44
Analyzes the impact of the European Union's expansion into Central Europe on the automobile industry in Great Britain. Profitability of British car factories; Investments in the British car industry.
- Global carmakers eye manufacturing advantages. // World Trade;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that while Eastern Europe has attracted a fair share of investment from global automakers in the past few years, Turkey has begun turning up the competitive heat, according to analysts. The reason, according to a recent "Business Week" article, is the country's rock-bottom...
- Japanese agree to reduce exports to Europe by 10 ... . Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p3
Reports on Japanese car manufacturers' agreement to reduce exports to the European Community. Percentage of cut in 1993 export ceiling; Response to decline in European sales; Impact of agreement on the Japanese automobile industry.
- EU directive threatens suppliers. // Automotive Engineer;May2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
Informs that Tier-one supplier of Mayflower Vehicle Systems (MVS) is actively promoting conformance to the European Union's End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Directive that takes effect from July 1, 2003. Requirements of the ELV directive; Information on substances banned under the directive;...
- VW: a theoretical debate. // MarketWatch: Automotive;August 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the legal conflict with the European Union (EU) concerning a German law that protects Volkswagen (VW) AG from foreign takeover. Overview on financial problems facing VW; Total shares of the government of Lower Saxony on VW; Authority of the German government to dominate internal...
- Poland's rubber industry is healthy. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 185 Issue 7/8, p26
Reports on the rubber industry in Poland. Plan of the country to join the European Union in 2004; Changes in the industry; Dependence of the industry on the German automotive sector.
- Going down the digital route. Pugh, John Mervyn // Motor Transport;3/20/2003, p16
Focuses on the proposed legislation for the implementation of digital tachographs in Great Britain. Terms under the European Union Directive 2135/98; Problems encountered by the automobile industry in complying with the directives; Actions that should be taken by the government to help trucking...
- The EU and Japan. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 134, p2
Highlights the statement by a EU top trade official mentioning the breakthrough achieved by EU and Japan toward easing regulations that make it hard for foreign cars to enter the Japanese market.