- Temporary Agency Workers Directive Approved by European Parliament. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article reports on the approval of the Temporary Agency Workers Directive by the European Parliament on October 22, 2008. Upon the implementation of the directive, temporary agency workers will be entitled from the commencement of their employment to the same treatment as permanent...
- California's Paycheck Rule for Temporary Workers to Take Effect New Year's Day. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article reports on the paycheck rule for temporary workers in California. According to the new law to be implemented starting January 1, 2009, employers are required to pay temporary employees at least one a week. The new law also asserts that wages should be paid before the regular company...
- Security and flexibility don't mix. Donkin, Richard // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2008, p20
The article focuses on the comparison between full-time and temporary employment in Great Britain. It has been noted by the author that the rights of many of temporary workers in the country do not match full-time employees even though they may the same jobs. The author added that many view...
- Can temporary help help your business? // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Winter95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p34
Looks at the results of a survey which polled a number of human resources and other executives from the United States' largest companies on the use of temporary staff in businesses. Comments by Andrew Denka, executive director of Office Team.
- The try-before-you-buy method of hiring. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p6
Reports on temporary agencies' hiring of temporary employees with the deliberate intention of keeping them on a permanent basis. Discussion of employee's transition to the employer's payroll; Key issues involved in the trend; Determination whether the hiring method is right for the employer.
- Impact of casual work under review. Sitter, Ken // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on research about the concerns and problems of contingent workers in the Parry Sound, North Bay and Tri-town area of Haileybury, New Liskeard and Cobalt for the Contingent Workers Community Adjustment Advisory Committee. Goal of changing how employers, governments and training agencies...
- Find and keep interim professionals. Johnston, Thomas K. // HR Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p112
Focuses on the factors to be considered in determining the employment of interim professionals, temporary employees or consultants in the United States. Utilization of temporary-to-permanent employment; Decision on whether to hire the interim person as an employee or contractor; Source for the...
- Agencies or their clients, who's responsible for temps? // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/11/95, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p17
Focuses on issues on management of temporary employees in the United States. Issue on responsibility over employees working in temporary assignments; Definition of temporary help; Legal interpretation on responsibility over temporary employees; Two kinds of temporary employees; Contentions from...
- Top 5 Ways to Break Out of Temp Purgatory. Cenni, Rebecca // INSIGHT into Diversity;Nov2012, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p22
The article offers tips on how to prevent temporary job roles including putting the best foot forward, becoming proactive, and being a best advocate.