- Temporary Agency Workers Directive Approved by European Parliament. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article reports on the approval of the Temporary Agency Workers Directive by the European Parliament on October 22, 2008. Upon the implementation of the directive, temporary agency workers will be entitled from the commencement of their employment to the same treatment as permanent...
- Security and flexibility don't mix. Donkin, Richard // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2008, p20
The article focuses on the comparison between full-time and temporary employment in Great Britain. It has been noted by the author that the rights of many of temporary workers in the country do not match full-time employees even though they may the same jobs. The author added that many view...
- California's Paycheck Rule for Temporary Workers to Take Effect New Year's Day. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article reports on the paycheck rule for temporary workers in California. According to the new law to be implemented starting January 1, 2009, employers are required to pay temporary employees at least one a week. The new law also asserts that wages should be paid before the regular company...
- Can temporary help help your business? // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Winter95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p34
Looks at the results of a survey which polled a number of human resources and other executives from the United States' largest companies on the use of temporary staff in businesses. Comments by Andrew Denka, executive director of Office Team.
- Agencies or their clients, who's responsible for temps? Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/11/95, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p15
Focuses on issues on management of temporary employees in the United States. Issue on responsibility over employees working in temporary assignments; Definition of temporary help; Legal interpretation on responsibility over temporary employees; Two kinds of temporary employees; Contentions from...
- Temporary security. Hellerstein, Rebecca // Regional Review;Spring95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on temporary employment in the United States. Women as temporary workers; Workers in technical fields; Hewlett-Packard supports for contingent employees.
- The try-before-you-buy method of hiring. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p6
Reports on temporary agencies' hiring of temporary employees with the deliberate intention of keeping them on a permanent basis. Discussion of employee's transition to the employer's payroll; Key issues involved in the trend; Determination whether the hiring method is right for the employer.
- America Goes Temporary. Bové, Robert // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the expansion of temporary employment in the United States. Results of a survey conducted by Olsten Services, a temporary help services firm; Cost of hiring temporary workers; Reasons cited for their use.
- Impact of casual work under review. Sitter, Ken // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on research about the concerns and problems of contingent workers in the Parry Sound, North Bay and Tri-town area of Haileybury, New Liskeard and Cobalt for the Contingent Workers Community Adjustment Advisory Committee. Goal of changing how employers, governments and training agencies...