Great Expectations? What the future holds for young managers
- A Model for Executive Development. Edelstein, Bertram C.; Armstrong Jr., David J. // Human Resource Planning;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p51
New organizational structures and cultures are placing a premium on new management behaviors and skills. Management behavior that has worked in the past is viewed as out of sync with the workplace and, in many cases, leads to the demise of the heretofore successful executive. Corporations invest...
- DEFINING EXECUTIVE PRESENCE. // MICE Talk;Feb2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p52
The article offers tips on how to define and to spot executive presence. The author mentions that executive presence is one quality that is closely linked with positive attention and promotions. Recommendations in enhancing this attribute include maintaining calmness, dressing up professionally,...
- Medium is Beautiful. // Training & Development;Mar94, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p13
Reports on a survey of U.S. executives conducted by the Management Recruiters International on where they would build their careers if they were starting out today. Percentage of the respondents who said they would choose a large company; Percentage who said they would go into business for...
- High Engagement? Hamel, Gary // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p3
The author argues that employee engagement should be a priority for managers and presents recommendations for increasing employee engagement. Topics include value creation, the attitudes of managers, growth opportunities for employees, and levels of human capability such as obedience, expertise,...
- Outplaced executives opting for alternative careers. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p24
Reports on outplaced executives' preference to have an alternative careers, according to a study by Career Partners International. Percentage of total respondents who chose to become self-employed; Reasons why outplaced executives prefer to have an alternative career.
- Becoming your own mentor. Corbitt, Jo Anne // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on manager's responsibility for career development and progress. Median job tenure for 1996; Best way to develop mentor support; Factors which success of any career depends upon.
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar2000, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on the positive attitudes important to the personal success of a manager. Realistic outlook; Positive approach; Habit of questioning the status quo; Flexibility.
- MANAGING CHANGE AT WORK. Garber, Peter R. // T+D;Jan2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the role of managers in facilitating change at organizations, presenting recommendations for change management. According to the article, managers and employees should seek to learn about impending changes and the rationale behind them. Leaders should support employees in...
- PERDER EL RUMBO: UN RIESGO DEL LIDERAZGO Y DEL PODER. Edelberg, Guillermo S. // Debates IESA;oct-dic2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Managers often lose track on becoming general managers, for they canï¿½t go higher. This trap owes to a combination of ego, complacency, and self-deception.