Colorado Senator Doubts Support for Tobacco Plan
- Alaska Tobacco Deal Passes Court Muster. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p42
Highlights the Alaska Superior Court's conclusion that legislation to dedicate a portion of the state's share of the national tobacco settlement to secure about $116 million in bonds sold by the Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. is constitutional. Response to a lawsuit challenging the...
- South African law to pass this week. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the passage of the securitization law in South Africa. Influence of other securitization decrees on the African law; Comments of the regulatory committee on the securitization guidelines; Problems associated with the passage of the law.
- The .07% solution: A tempting but problematic approach to FIN 46. Rausa, Sam // Asset Securitization Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p6
Discusses several theoretical and practical shortcomings of the so-called 0.7% Solution to the Financial Interpretation 46, a regulation governing asset-backed securities in the U.S. Question on the sufficiency of average protection; Depth of the equity investment market; Role of accounting firms.
- Federal Legislative Review. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p95
Presents updates on the reconciliation of the bankruptcy legislation by members of the Conference Committee of the United States Congress. Focus of the legislation; Provisions of the bankruptcy legislation that is of interest to the asset-based lending industry; Issues discussed by the...
- FASITs on fast track. Marshall, Jeffrey // U.S. Banker;Oct96, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on the financial asset securitization investment trust (FASIT)-related provisions of the minimum wage bill passed by the US Congress as of October 1996. FASITs as a source of government revenues.
- Philippine securitization bill could re-open public-sector ABS. NC // Asset Securitization Report;3/4/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the proposed bill in the Philippines that would potentially develop a wider range of securitizable assets. Senate's attempt to address the securitization of future risks and receivables of the government for payment of foreign debts.
- Enronitis Hits Securitizations. Gregory, Michael; Graubard, David // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p14
Reports the implication of FASB regulation on securitization market in the Unit States. Percentage in the context of similar deals; Regulatory risk to loans of Bank One; Implementation of the rules.
- Securitization of Executory Future Flows as Bankruptcy-Remote True Sales. Gordon, Thomas J. // University of Chicago Law Review;Fall2000, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p1317
Suggests a legal framework that practitioners could use to structure executory future flow securitization as bankruptcy-remote true sales. Process of securitization; Role of special purpose vehicle in making a securitization a bankruptcy-remote true sale; State of bankruptcy law in line with...
- State legislative review. // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p132
Summarizes bills introduced in state legislatures affecting Commercial Finance Association members and the asset-based financial services industry in the United States. Filing fees for standard and nonstandard filings under the Uniform Commercial Code; Modification of the term security...