Municipals Firm in Quiet Trading, Ending $7.9B Week of New Deals
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of December 2001. Prices of municipal bonds; Increase in the number of bond issues; Reduction in gross domestic product.
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Munis Weaker on GDP Data, Unmoved FOMC. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33955, p2
The article reflects on the weakening of municipal bond market in the U.S., as per the gross domestic product report.
- Market swings leave some portfolios in the dumps while others soar. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30548, p27
Focuses on the market performance of certain United States municipal bond funds in 1998. Fundamental Portfolio Advisors Inc.'s High Yield Municipal Fund; Cornerstone Equity Advisors Inc.'s California fund; Van Kampen Funds Inc.'s Tax-Free High-Income Fund; Lord, Abbett & Co.'s Tax-Free New York...
- Munis Drop 3 to 5 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise on Favorable Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields dropped down by three and five basis points on August 28, 2003 in light to moderate trading boosted by treasury bills which continued to gain upward momentum as the session progressed. Impact of the increase in first time applications for unemployment...
- Munis Rise as Treasuries Climb On Lower-Than-Expected GDP. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004. Improvement in the Treasuries; Growth in the advance second-quarter gross domestic product; Role of the decline in consumption spending on the second-quarter growth rate.
- Munis Unchanged in Event-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32613, p2
The article reports on the stable performance of the U.S. municipal bond market for the week ended Friday, April 20, 2007. According to traders, bond trading activities have all been pretty good in the week. Joel Naroff, president of Naroff Economic Advisors, believed that Friday was a big day...