Ferguson: Economic Growth Coming
- Fed's Ferguson: Tight labor an inflation risk. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p2
Reports on United States Federal Reserve Board Governor Roger Ferguson's views on the possibility of an upturn in inflation in the country. Effects of economic growth and the high level of domestic labor capacity on inflation.
- Taming a Wild Economy. Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Jul2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p58
An interview with economist Roger W. Ferguson is presented. He speculates on the start of sustainable upward movement in the financial markets. Ferguson comments on the degree of state involvement in free enterprise, in the light of criticisms against the U.S. government's involvement in the...
- U.S. Senate Confirms Ferguson As New Vice Chairman of Federal Reserve. // Jet;10/18/99, Vol. 96 Issue 20, p6
Reports the United States Senate's confirmation of Roger W. Ferguson Jr. as vice chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- Ferguson: Economy Stable, Risks Hard to Quantify. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p2
The article reports on the economic conditions in the United States as of March 2006. The economy is expanding at a stable pace but an increase in energy prices and a downturn in the housing market could damage the economy. According to Federal Reserve Board vice chairman Roger Ferguson, the...
- When Attacks Threatened Markets, Fed Vice Chairman Took the Reins. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p1
Relates the experience of Roger W. Ferguson Jr., a vice chairman of the Federal Reserve Board during the September 11 terrorist attacks. Availability of services for the office despite the incident; Importance of communications with reserve banks; Extension of additional liquidity into the...
- Fed governor urges congress to enact reform legislation when it reconvenes in 1999. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;10/23/98, Vol. 163 Issue 204, p2
Reports that Roger Ferguson, a governor in the United States Federal Reserve System's board, has urged lawmakers to adopt financial reform legislation in 1999. Ferguson's views on the bill's prospects; Importance of financial reform; Limitations of current legal framework.
- Fed governor says no to global rate policy. Sieberg, Jaret // American Banker;1/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the rejection by Federal Reserve Board Governor Roger W. Ferguson Jr. of calls by some economists for coordinated interest rate cuts by central banks.
- TIAA-CREF Takes on New Leader, Chairman. // Investment Management Weekly;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1
The article announces the appointment of Roger Ferguson as chief executive officer (CEO) and president of the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA-CREF).
- Ferguson: A Regulatory Vision. // Securities Industry News;2/27/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Roger W. Ferguson Jr., vice chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, to the Fourth Joint Central Bank Research Conference on Risk Management and Systemic Risk in Frankfurt, Germany on November 28, 2005.