Schwarzenegger's $15 Billion Bailout Bond Faces Opposition
- Deficit Bond Deadline. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p1
Reports on the $15 billion deficit bond measure proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help cover the state's budget deficit. Previously planned bond issues replaced by the measure; Spending cap proposal accompanying the measure; Reactions of state legislators to the proposal.
- Arnold Wins Big on California Budget Propositions. Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on California voters' approval of the budget propositions of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Details on the budget propositions of Schwarzenegger; Efforts of Schwarzenegger in proposing the bond measure; Legislative agreement on the budget proposition.
- Schwarzenegger Wins: Bond Plan to Get Vote. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p22
California voters will decide in March 2004 whether the state should authorize a $15 billion bond to help manage its fiscal crisis. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger readily signed the bond-vote measure on December 12, 2003 shortly after it was approved by the legislature. The Republican governor...
- Bonds on the Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p1
Reports that California voters will decide in March 2004 the fate of more than $36 billion in bond proposals. Proposition 55, which is a $12.3 billion school bond measure; Proposition 57 which is a 15$ billion deficit bond issue and is promoted by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Two proposals...
- Spending Cap Would Help Calif.'s $15B. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p1
Reports on the planned usage of the multi-billion-dollar of general obligation bonds by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Aim of the governor to pay for the state's accumulated budget deficit; Options of the state in paying for the budget deficits; Comparison on the risk of general...
- Schwarzenegger's $15B Plan Raises Doubts From Lawmakers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p34
Reports on the plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to place a bond measure to pay off the accumulated budget deficit on the ballot in California. Reaction of legislators to the governor's plan; Impact of the proposed bond measure on the bond proposal for school construction deal; Rating of...
- Public policy can help restore state's fiscal health. Zaremberg, Allan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/28/2008, Issue 323950, p30
The author comments on the need of the California government to carry economic measures and revenue-raising proposals to address the increasing budget deficit. The author points out that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger should implement short-term construction projects financed by federal funds or...
- The Mother of All Budget Sagas Just Keeps Going. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p68
Focuses on the budget proposal of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Amount of proposed budget calling in spending cuts; Proposal on bond issue to finance accumulated budget deficits; Optimistic assumption of the budget plan.
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p59
Comments on several Propositions in California and their impact on the public finance policies of state Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Defeat of Proposition 56 and its effect on Schwarzenegger's efforts to close a projected 2004-05 budget deficit; Victories on Propositions 57 and 58...