Ziff Davis Launches Book Series with John Wiley
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p8
Presents financial news in the book publishing industry, as of July 2002. Millbrook Press; John Wiley & Sons.
- Wiley Embraces Consumer Computer Books While Other Publishers Avoid Them. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p2
Reports that book publisher John Wiley and Sons Inc. is planning to expand its title lists by embracing consumer computer books in the U.S. Strength of the market for computer books; Estimated consumer computer book sales from 2000-2003; Market share in the technology segment.
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- Ziff-Davis set to bow computer cablenet. Diuguid, Carol // Variety;05/12/97, Vol. 367 Issue 2, p49
Reports that Ziff-Davis Inc. will launch a computer channel for cable television, ZDTV, in the first quarter of 1998. Number of employees to be hired; Financial incentive to be offered to operators.
- After Rocky Fourth Quarter, Wiley U.S. College Revenue Grows 3% in Fiscal 2004 to $152.9M. // Educational Marketer;6/21/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p1
Reports that U.S. college revenue at John Wiley and Sons of Hoboken, New Jersey, took an 11% tumble in the February 2004 to April 2004 period, holding year-end revenue growth to 3% at $152 million, compared to $148.2 million in 2002. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and...
- Pearson, Thomson, Wiley Settle To Stop U.S. Sale Of Foreign Editions. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the efforts of Pearson Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and Thomson Learning Inc. to stop the sale of lower-priced foreign editions of college textbooks online in the U.S. Settlement of a lawsuit against Pelican Bookshop; Details of the settlement; Contention of the publishers.
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the decline of U.S. higher education revenue at John Wiley & Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey. Reasons for the decline; Amount of revenue generated by the publisher in the first quarter of September.
- Will Your Company Be Successful in 2208? Scott, David Meerman // EContent;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p48
The article features publishing company Wiley & Sons Inc. The company has been publishing for 200 years. Wiley stays tuned in to its market and develops products and services that people want to buy. Wiley offers its products and services in the ways people want to consume information. Wiley...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ... // Educational Marketer;4/18/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the acquisition of London, England-based Whurr Publishers Ltd. by Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. Business background of Whurr Publishers Ltd.; Advantage gained by John Wiley & from the transaction.