OREGON On the Brighter Side
- Coast economies better than expected. S.D. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p18
Reports on decline in unemployment rates of Oregon counties Tillamook, Clatsop and Columbia despite problems in fishing and wood products industries. Comments by state economist Alan Stoebig.
- Doing business in Oregon. // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the economic conditions in Oregon. Accounts on the rapid increase of the technological industry in the region; Evaluation of the increase of unemployment rate; Importance of lumber and wood products industry in economic development.
- The State We're In. // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p53
Provides information on the economic conditions in Oregon as of October 2001. Employment rate; State of various industries; Other economic indicators.
- Oregon Economy: Who Wins? Young, Arashi // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);10/28/2015, Special section p1
The article examines the economy of Oregon and mentions a 3.5% job growth from August 2014 to 2015, the higher rates of unemployment and poverty among African Americans as compared to their Caucasian counterparts and some strategies stated in the jobs plan for African Americans, one concerns...
- The State We're In. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p51
Highlights economic indicators in Oregon as of June 2005. Total employment and unemployment in the area; Airline travel; Wheat price; Lumber price; Real estate and construction permits.
- The State We're In. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p65
Presents statistics indicating the economic conditions in Oregon as of April 2001. Employment; Transportation and farming; Real estate and construction; Other economic indicators.
- Jobless Rate Shrinking. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p33
The article reports that Oregon's unemployment rate continues to fall. According to a news release by the state Employment Department, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.8% for November 2005 was slightly better than the 5.9% rate for October 2005. The jobless rate had reached 8.5% in...
- OREGON INDEX. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p57
Presents charts and graphs of Oregon's economic indicators. Unemployment rate; Internet users; Federal expenditures by type in fiscal year 1999.
- McDonald's Hiring Blitz Isn't Enough to Put a Dent in Jobless Rate. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);2011, p1
The article reports on the issue of unemployment and job losses in Oregon from 2010 to 2011. It states that Oregon Employment Department has noted that economy has been gaining less jobs in most industries over the said period. Moreover, it highlights the views of state employment economist Nick...