NEVADA Transit Windfall
- ISTEA-2 moves closer to approval; increase possible. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/16/98, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p12
Reports on infrastructure in the United States focusing on the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act-2 which is being debated on in the Senate. Speculation on what the bill would include if it is passed; What is expected of Bud Shuster (R-Pa), chairman of the Transportation and...
- DOT's `Clarification' Will Put a Damper on TIFIA, Letters Say. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p5
Focuses on the disadvantages of requiring an investment-grade rating for funds under the Transportation Infrastructure Financing & Innovation Act in the United States according to the analysis of three investment firms. Explanation of how such a requirement will dampen infrastructure and...
- SIB programs are being hindered by Transportation Act. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p1
Reports on the effects of the passage of a federal transportation legislation on the infrastructure bank program. Program's aim to help states speed up highway and transit projects and occasionally spur bond sales; Hindrance posed by the transportation legislation to the program; Projects that...
- Highway Bill Passed, Though Few Seem Proud of It. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/2/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33740, p4
The article offers information on the approval of the transportation bill worth 129 million dollars by federal lawmakers, that helps in protecting the revenue streams related to state and local infrastructure financing in the U.S.
- Is executive treatment enough? Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Nov2002, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p5
Editorial. Focuses on a bill passed by the U.S. President George W. Bush to streamline the process required for the approval of transportation infrastructure projects. Need for environmental streamlining; People involved in the task force; Importance of the bill in transportation planning.
- Commitment Issues. Page, Paul // Traffic World;10/20/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 42, p4
Comments on the transportation infrastructure policies of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Delay in the passage of the Transportation Equity Act (TEA) legislative bill; Implications for the transportation sector and economic conditions in the U.S.
- Legislation: Senators Roll Out Freight Transport Bill. Ichniowski, Tom; Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/2/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that transport groups in the U.S. applauded the U.S. Senate bill called Focusing Resources, Economic Investment and Guidance to Help Transportation Act, which aims to improve multimodal infrastructure in the country.
- DOUBLING DOWN ON INFRASTRUCTURE. Boyd, John D. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/7/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the latest developments in the U.S. transportation sector as of February 2011. It cites the moves by U.S. President Barack Obama and the U.S. Congress to advance long-term surface transportation legislation during the year. The opinion of American Highway Users Alliance...
- TIFIA Finds Its Footing. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p1
Reports that the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) is beginning to fulfill its mandate to help fund transportation infrastructure projects that otherwise would not be built in the U.S. Credit assistance and loans provided by TIFIA; Aim of the program to raise the...