CALIFORNIA Good News, Bad News
- Terminator Triumphs. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/27/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the victory of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2003 gubernatorial elections in California.
- Why the World Is Watching California. Griffiths, Eldon // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p47
Comments on Arnold Schwarzenegger's election as governor of California. Media coverage of Schwarzenegger's victory; Interest of the Japanese and Chinese in knowing whether Schwarzenegger has the courage to tackle California's agricultural protectionism.
- Just Say It: Schwarzenegger Is the Governor. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p34
Comments on the election of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor in California. Assessment of the political observations; Political platforms of Schwarzenegger; Evaluation of the pro-abortion and gun control policy.
- Beefcake Elected. Grayson, George W. // Business Mexico;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p36
Explores the implications of the triumph of Arnold Schwarzenegger in California's election for Mexico. Impact on U.S.-Mexico relations; Misgivings that Americans have about immigration policy; Commitment of Mexican actors, film producers and artists to creating a 'Mexifornia'; Criticism of...
- On the record. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/19/2006, Issue 982, p26
The article presents a quote by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger when asked if he would support overturning Proposition 22, during a meeting with the editorial board of the "San Francisco Chronicle".
- CELEBRITY GOVERNOR. Wilmore, Kathy // Junior Scholastic;1/23/2006, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Governor of California.
- Arnie's California dreaming. James, David // BRW;10/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p82
Focuses on actor Arnold Schwarzenegger's candidacy as governor of California. Humorist Bill Maher on Schwarzenegger; Australian film stars' response to Schwarzenegger's performance; Schwarzenegger on gender policy, political donations, and freedom of worship.
- Take Two! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;11/21/2003, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p7
Reports that actor-turned-politician Arnold Scwarzenegger won over Gray Davis as governor of California.
- Key Tests Greet Schwarzenegger. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the things that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has to do to improve the business climate in the state. Overhaul of the workers' compensation system; Reduction of litigation against businesses.