ALASKA Oil and Taxes
- Revenue Boost. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p35
Focuses on predictions by the state revenue forecasters in Maine regarding the tax revenues for the biennial 2002-03 budget. Estimate made by the Maine Revenue Service; Consideration of the usage of reserves to make up for budget shortfalls.
- Spotlight on... Gross receipts tax. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the interest of the Associated General Contractors on the function of the Governor's Task Force on Tax Policy in Las Vegas, Nevada. Destructive influence of the recommendations to small business; Structure of gross-receipts tax; Initiatives to increase state revenue.
- Kansas Senate Committee OKs Record Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/4/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33310, p6
The article reports on the approval of the Kansas Senate's Ways and Means Committee on the proposed tax hike measure which aims to ease the revenue shortfall in the state.
- Surprising Stelly Plan win reduces political cover. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p30
Editorial. Focuses on the reformation of the tax system in Louisiana. Author of the Stelly Plan; Percentage eliminated from the state sales tax on food and utilities; Impact of the plan on the state revenues.
- Dodgers face pay-up dilemma. // Finance Week;1/25/2002, p46
Focuses on the breaches of confidentiality in tax system in South Africa. Expectation of the revenue on the declaration of income sources and pay tax by income earners; Involvement of revenue in the criminal investigation of businessman Billy Rautenbach; Negligence of the revenue on the...
- Tax reform: an international perspective. Sandford, Cedric // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p120
Discusses challenges faced by English-speaking democratic governments planning to change their tax structure without reducing total revenue. Comments on the tax reform programs of some democracies; Common starting point of reforms; Personal income tax reductions; Efforts to widen the income tax...
- Getting Ready for the Tax Season: Are You Taking Advantage Of All Your Deductions? // Ebony;Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p24
Provides tips on tax planning. Importance of filing important papers together; Technique in maximizing tax refund.
- Worried in Washington. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p1
Reports on the concerns of Washington officials about proposed tax cut initiatives. Decline of revenues due to the tax cut initiatives; Cuts in state transit funds; Property tax growth limit for homeowners.
- THE NEW TAX SYSTEM. // Ecodate;May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p8
Describes the tax system in Australia.
- Mayor drops B&O tax idea. // Journal of Business (10756124);6/28/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 14, pA2
Reports on Spokane, Washington, Mayor John Powers' elimination of the business-and-occupation tax as a revenue source.